cub not running

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rooroo2
Zip Code: 72204

cub not running

Postby rooroo2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:59 am

I own a 52 cub that was running great and then just died like it ran out of gas. It was just sitting and not under load when it died. I have replaced points and rotor and plugs and wires and had the carb gone thru. I finally was able to get the cub to start after multiple attempts. when it finally starts it lubs at a very low rpm then finally will build up steam but will die under any attempt to drive it..is this still a fuel issue? I am not confident in the carb work and wonder if it is just starving for gas...oh I also replaced the fuel bowl and line and it has a good stream from bowl to carb and fuel is coming out the bottom of the carb when I remove the bolt...any help would be appreciated since grass is growing fast...thanks

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub not running

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:09 am

Sounds to me like a plugged main jet. The jet is at the inner end of the brass hex head on the side of the carburetor. Remove it and clear the jet with a small soft wire (like phone wire). Then blow it out and replace.

rooroo2
Zip Code: 72204

Re: cub not running

Postby rooroo2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:21 am

thanks jim will try...jeff