Another wiring question on a 51

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
clemk
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 06708
Tractors Owned: 51 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Another wiring question on a 51

Postby clemk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:58 am

I need to know what gauge wire is on the fuseholder on a 51 Cub. I've tried searching it myself, but haven't seen it. It's time to do more on here, anyhow. It seems like usually I can find the answer to my question, or when somebody asks one of the very few things I do know, it's already been answered. I checked Owners, Operators, and Service Manuals. I find all manner of diagrams, but not the gauge. I'm starting to panic for time now with all the other things I have going, or need to get going on. I need a shortcut. Does anybody know right offhand where else to look, or knows what it is to help me cheat? Thanks, I appreciate the effort for a newb
Circle of Safety
Belt driven is beautiful

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: Another wiring question on a 51

Postby Eugene » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:10 pm

I think it's a 20 amp fuse, but double check.

http://bdfuses.com/fusesnwires.php
I have an excuse. CRS.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

clemk
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby clemk » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Thank you both. This brings me to another question. I have a voltage regulator, and in dash fuseholder. Would I still use the same gauge wire as in this diagram? I ask this one only because I was sure the old, I thought original, fuseholder had two wires the same gauge. I can buy a copy of the one that was in there, but with the difference in price, I'm bound and determined to wire it myself, and learn something along the way. Also, I never heard of a cutout until I started reading here. Where can I read more about how it works? Is there some explanation in the service manuals? Is there something in the Cub B of K, or maybe somewhere else on the site? Thanks again!
Circle of Safety
Belt driven is beautiful

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:36 pm

You can purchase spools of multi-strand wire from any good hardware store as well as wire terminals. Building a wiring harness yourself will save you some money.

Cutout. I'm pretty sure there is an explanation on this site. For sure, if you search the internet there is an explanation. Basically, the cutout connects the generator to the battery when the generator voltage is higher than the battery voltage. When the battery voltage is higher than the generator output voltage, the cutout disconnects the battery from the generator.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Smokeycub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Eugene wrote:Cutout. I'm pretty sure there is an explanation on this site. For sure, if you search the internet there is an explanation. Basically, the cutout connects the generator to the battery when the generator voltage is higher than the battery voltage. When the battery voltage is higher than the generator output voltage, the cutout disconnects the battery from the generator.

That's all there is to it. The "regulating" is controlled by the operator of the tractor via the L(ow) H(igh) setting on the headlight switch.
Don - that's a good schematic.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley

The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

clemk
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby clemk » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks everybody, this place is the greatest!
Circle of Safety
Belt driven is beautiful