This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Implement Puzzle

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
superman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70359
Tractors Owned: 1952 F-CUB

Cub Implement Puzzle

Postby superman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:24 am

Okay I was able to pickup some implements that my grandfather and great uncle used. I'm not 100% sure what I have.
Both my grandfather and uncle are deceased so I can't ask them. My father says that he knows that they used these implements
with a cub tractor, he is just not sure where they came from. So I'm looking for help identifying what I have, and I know you guys love pictures and puzzles... LOL.

#1:
#2:

My assessment is that #1 is a modified Cub-6 toolbar with notched disc harrow attachment setup for row building.
But the harrow attachment does not look like the Cub-6. I believe #2 is extra beam attachment with middle buster for Cub-6 toolbar.
And a coulter disc, but I'm not sure it goes with the middle buster. I would like to hear opinions on this.
Thanks. FYI, these were used in South Louisiana...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Implement Puzzle

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:29 am

Yes that is the "rare" Lousisiana toolbar special equipment. Not sure about that coulter as I've never been around this type of equipment in person.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:18 am

cub 6 toolbar with a middlebuster attachment, do not see the mounts that bolt the toolbar to the tractor, the disc may not have been part of that

superman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby superman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks for replies...
I failed to mention that I do have all the plates that mount to final drives that match the cub-6 toolbar drawings in manual.
Kind of hard to see but they are mounted to finals in this picture.

It's just the makeup of the notched disc harrow and attachment does not match the drawings in the Cub-6 toolbar manual.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:53 am

Looks to me like a whatever tool bar with home-made brackets to fit the Cub. The middlebuster will clamp on that tool bar, may or may not have been with it originally. Looks like the coulter will attach to the middlebuster, one support on the main beam, the other on the extended end of the clamp.

superman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby superman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks... That's kinda of what I gathered.
Does anyone recognize what kind/brand of harrows those are that are attached to the toolbar? They don't match the Cub-6 Toolbar harrow drawings.

Return to “Farmall Cub”