Mott FH Flail Mower part needed

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mva1958
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 23314
Circle of Safety: Y

Mott FH Flail Mower part needed

Postby mva1958 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:27 pm

While mowing today, the cap screw and clamp washer that fastens the PTO shaft to the 90 degree gearbox on the mower spun off and were lost.

The Mott manual says the 3/8x1" NF heat treated cap screw and the clamp washer were supplied with the gear box from IH.

In checking the IH parts manual, there's no mention of either, just a flat washer that was originally supplied with the belt pulley. I looked in the Flailmaster catalog but no luck there either.

I think I can get the bolt from NAPA, but what about the clamp washer? Without a better picture or diagram I'm at a loss as to what to ask for. The closest IH-Case dealer is about an hour away and I'm doubtfull they'll have or know how to get what I need for this 60+year old mower. Do any of you guys who run a MOTT FHC mower know what I need and how to describe it to a parts person?

Thanks!

Mike

Screenshot (1).png
If only Mrs. Hoyt and Mrs. Clagwell had gotten along...

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Re: Mott FH Flail Mower part needed

Postby tst » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:39 pm

that is the common right angle drive unit for a cub, 3/8/-24 bolt, common hardware, grade 5 or 8, it had a lock washer and a thick flat washer, use a couple of normal flat washers and it should be find, check the threads where the bolt came out to make sure they are not damaged

mva1958
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 23314

Re: Mott FH Flail Mower part needed

Postby mva1958 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks, Tim - a buck's worth of hardware from NAPA and I was able to finish mowing.
If only Mrs. Hoyt and Mrs. Clagwell had gotten along...