This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What model is this mower?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub driver
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32309
Tractors Owned: 1972 Gravely 7.6 walk behind convertible w/ 30" deck and rotary plow.
1965 Cub Lo Boy w/ Danco IH C-2 mower.

What model is this mower?

Postby Cub driver » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:36 am

This is the mower that is on my Cub. I believe its a Woods, but really don't know anything else about it. Any model numbers will be helpful and where is a good place to order parts?
Attachments
IMG_4302.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What model is this mower?

Postby tst » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:14 am

it appears that it may have been a Danco/IH C2, looks like the spindle has been changed out from something else, the base for the spindle looks home made

Cub driver
5+ Years
5+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1972 Gravely 7.6 walk behind convertible w/ 30" deck and rotary plow.

Postby Cub driver » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:59 am

That appears to be exactly what it is. Thanks for your help. I found it in the manuals (didn't look far enough thru the rotary mower section the first time) above and printed the pages out. Thanks again.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 pm

I have a three spindle Danco that I had my nephew cut mounting plate for one of the spindles where it had rusted and broken the bolt slots in the deck. I was going to sandwich the deck between the plate and the spindle. It looks like somebody did that to this one.

How about a picture just a little higher? What I can see of the lifting mechanism isn't original and am curious how they had it working. It amazes me how some people hook up a mower lift, yours seems to be a contender for this weeks "What were they thinking?" award.

Cub driver
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Cub driver » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Scrivet wrote:I have a three spindle Danco that I had my nephew cut mounting plate for one of the spindles where it had rusted and broken the bolt slots in the deck. I was going to sandwich the deck between the plate and the spindle. It looks like somebody did that to this one.

How about a picture just a little higher? What I can see of the lifting mechanism isn't original and am curious how they had it working. It amazes me how some people hook up a mower lift, yours seems to be a contender for this weeks "What were they thinking?" award.

Here are some better photos of the lift. This mower had this work already done to it when my dad bought it, it was 7 years old. As I know he only did mechanical stuff to it. (no welding)
Any info on where to get parts will be helpful. There's not much on the internet for these mowers that I've found.
Attachments
IMG_4303.JPG
IMG_4304.JPG

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Well I learned something. It looks like yours is hooked up correctly for a C-2 on a loboy. Haven't seen a C-2 on a loboy before and never noticed in the manual that the lift setup was different.

Return to “Farmall Cub”