This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New headlights needed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Re: New headlights needed

Postby DonMountain » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Don McCombs wrote:This is the easiest, but obviously not the cheapest, solution for your lights.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/483fp.htm

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/594fp.htm

I looked at these earlier and decided they were just too expensive. I would rather spend the money to get a more modern LED lighting system in a new light housing that will take less power to operate. This is not a tractor restoration for show. This is an actual in-use farm used tractor with the original paint. I don't really mind what it looks like if it is functional and lasts a long time without needing repair. I know I am using some awful old equipment but its easy to use and all the kids have grown up mowing and hauling firewood out of the woods with it. And enjoy coming back and mowing grass again! But my wife thinks we need to get rid of it and get a new zero-turn mower.
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lee_Petrie
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60436
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub w/fast hitch restored
1948 Cub w/fast hitch (early style depth control) being restored

Re: New headlights needed

Postby Lee_Petrie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:21 pm

How about another light bulb question ;
Has anybody ever tried to install a #4511 bulb , with a TM gasket ( stock number EL594 ) all into an early " tear drop" shell housing ? I think it would work , but I would hate to order the gaskets from TM , and things won't fit together as planed ! Lee Petrie, Joliet, IL.

Return to “Farmall Cub”