Radiator fin tool

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
stevey30
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 28110

Radiator fin tool

Postby stevey30 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Was wondering if anyone on here has used a radiator fin tool to straighten fins on their radiator and how good or not so good it worked?I have looked at a few online but didn't know if it was worth buying.

tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Radiator fin tool

Postby tnestell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 pm

I have used one on car radiators and air conditioners. Sometimes if the fins were bent badly I had to use something more to start and separate the fins too close together and then use the radiator comb. I believe I bought it at Harbor Freight about 25 years ago.

Lt.Mike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: '58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's

Postby Lt.Mike » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Yes I bought mine at Harbor freight for next to nothing and its worth every penny. :lol:
Go buy one you won't be sorry. Just bring your wife with you to talk you down and stick to your list as walking in there is like grocery shopping hungry. :wink:
Mike.
PS- Check out their needle scaler while your there, its a great tool to have for paint and rust removal.
I have both sizes so I'll recommend the larger one, far better. With the 20% off coupon it can be had around $45 right now.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Scrivet
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:51 am

Depends on what kind of fin straightener. If it's one with a plastic screw driver handle and a star shaped head with five or six different sized fins per inch make sure it has the right number for the Cub. Mine doesn't. If it's the one that looks like the head of a miniature leaf rake with all the tines bunched up and wrapped with a rubber band then fins per inch don't matter.