This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New storage coming soon!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

New storage coming soon!

Postby Lt.Mike » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:47 pm

I talked it over with my better half and we decided to dip into my deferred comp account and finally buy that carport we've been mulling over for years. :{_}:
We've had a Shelter logic shed for about six years which has been well worth the money. Its sturdy and even made it through hurricane Sandy!
The only issue is snow which is its Achilles heal. The snow that came the weekend after the hurricane ripped a couple holes in the roof. A sturdy tarp draped over fixed that but we still had to go out every hour to knock snow off during every storm which is a royal pain in the butt.
Paula or my daughter Steph would have to go out in the snow to bump the tarp from underneath when I was working.
Neither had any love for that job, short straws and bribes were part of the decision making process as the snow fell.
So, we are greatly looking forward to getting the new steel version installed. Its a 24'x26' Carolina carport.
Years back I speculated using this money saved on a down payment for a new truck when I retired, well I decided I still like my old truck so this carport will work for us just fine. :D
I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now.
It will be about from the left edge of the camper to the right edge of the shed.

A couple years back I had to drop a hollow 120' tulip tree next to my barn so while I was getting that done I had the tree service trim out the dead stuff that could fall on the carport I hoped to have one day.
oh ya, you can't see it under the tarp the camper is an Aerolite "Cub" :wink:
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”