Plow Chief parts from Ploworx

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WaMoo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 99101
Tractors Owned: 1954 Farmall Cub
2013 NH Workmaster 40
Circle of Safety: Y

Plow Chief parts from Ploworx

Postby WaMoo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello all,

I know there's been a few threads on parts for the Plow Chief. I've been communicating with Steve Rea at Ploworx (http://www.ploworx.com) and he said I could share his info of Plow Chief parts.

" I do make the shins. blade shares, and am currently working on the prototype spear point for the Plow Chief bottoms. The moldboards and landsides will be the next.

The spear points will be made of high carbon steel, they are forged and welded, not a casting. The cost of the spear point will be around $75.00 ea., the shin is $40.00 ea., the blade shares are $43.00 for the 12", $45.00 for the 14" and $47.00 for the 16' each. The moldboards will be $135.00 ea. for the 14". I have made up new tooling for a new moldboard for the Plow Chief that will have better trash management and soil pulverization ( I am pretty excited about this ) we might name it the Comanche??

The price on this moldboard should not be more than $145.00 maybe less??

I should be in production of the spear points by the end of the month or the first of Dec.

I am a small job shop, I will be trying to build an inventory of parts. If there is no inventory it takes 3-4 weeks for completion.

The way that I have set up my ordering of parts is if there is something you want, you would pay 1/2 of the order up front and the balance plus shipping costs before I send it to you.

This is not about trust, but cash flow."

This will help me. I hope it will help others too.
WaMoo
Bluecreek, WA
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
~George Washington

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Re: Plow Chief parts from Ploworx

Postby Peter Person » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

This is going to be helpful for those that use their plows on a regular basis.

As far as the Spear Point, AgriSupply still carries a cast iron Made in China piece that sells for $7.99.
http://www.agrisupply.com/spearpoint-to-fit-ihc-plow-chif/p/18990/

I've had mixed results with these going back a few years. I don't plow very often so take this for what it is.
The first ASC point I used broke in half after hitting a rock at Zagray Farm in Colchester back when we still had ConnectiCubFest. There was a huge air pocket in the casting. ASC shipped me a replacement free of charge.
The 2nd one has been on for several years and is still quite serviceable.
I have a spare "just in case"

At $7.99 each - even with a couple of duds thrown in, they are a pretty good alternative.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

WaMoo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 99101
Tractors Owned: 1954 Farmall Cub
2013 NH Workmaster 40

Re: Plow Chief parts from Ploworx

Postby WaMoo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Peter Person wrote:As far as the Spear Point, AgriSupply still carries a cast iron Made in China piece that sells for $7.99.

I'm not a serious "ploughman", but even with the substantial price difference, I'm going to order my point as well as a share from Steve. It will probably last me the rest of my days, and I think it's important for me to support him. He's working hard in his small shop to make parts that are otherwise obsolete.

I think it's interesting Steve see's enough value in the Plow Chief bottom to make improvements on the original design.
WaMoo
Bluecreek, WA
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
~George Washington