Could this be a Circle Cub?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
User avatar
lliberto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Zip Code: 26062
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
2011 Husqvarna YTH24V42LS
Location: WV, Weirton

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby lliberto » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Sailor wrote:
lliberto wrote:... Should I just clean it up or should I restore it... repainting it won't harm anything... Some of the wires are in poor condition so I might put a new harness on it. It is missing the Amp meter so I'll have to get one for it. It has at least 1 bad rim. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!!


There ya go... I vote to do a total restoration... I did mine and it only took me 23 months ... money spent?... I haven't had the nerve to do the math yet. :beer:



lol

User avatar
lliberto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Zip Code: 26062
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
2011 Husqvarna YTH24V42LS
Location: WV, Weirton

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby lliberto » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Scrivet wrote:
lliberto wrote:I've been debating what to do with the mower and have considered selling it but then knowing me I'll end up cleaning it up too. ;-)


lliberto wrote:...... I was thinking about getting one to mow a lot I own.........


Just my opinion, but I think it would be easier to mow the lot if you didn't sell the mower.


Well, you would be right except I have 2 mower decks for it. The other one is also a Woods but it's a 5 foot.

User avatar
Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Wa.

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby Glen » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi,
Here is a new ammeter at TM Tractor, if you want to look at one. You said you need to buy one earlier in the post.
This one looks like the right time period for a 1947 Cub. They have others that are for newer Cubs.
If you are going to make the Cub 12 volts, and use an alternator, you might want an ammeter that is made for more amps. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/145fp.htm

User avatar
lliberto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Zip Code: 26062
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
2011 Husqvarna YTH24V42LS
Location: WV, Weirton

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby lliberto » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:43 am

Glen wrote:Hi,
Here is a new ammeter at TM Tractor, if you want to look at one. You said you need to buy one earlier in the post.
This one looks like the right time period for a 1947 Cub. They have others that are for newer Cubs.
If you are going to make the Cub 12 volts, and use an alternator, you might want an ammeter that is made for more amps. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/145fp.htm



Thanks!

AL Farmall Boy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:38 pm
Zip Code: 35111
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

restore the 5 foot mower since it makes a finish cut and sell the 4 footer. Unless it fits your needs better.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com
:tractor: Like my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on Facebook! :tractor:

User avatar
lliberto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Zip Code: 26062
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
2011 Husqvarna YTH24V42LS
Location: WV, Weirton

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby lliberto » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:03 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:restore the 5 foot mower since it makes a finish cut and sell the 4 footer. Unless it fits your needs better.


Besides the obvious size difference what else differs between the 2 mowers?

AL Farmall Boy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:38 pm
Zip Code: 35111
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm

The 5 foot should have (3) "finish style" blades where the 4 footer should have a single spindle with a "rough-cut style" swinging blade. Both will cut a lawn just fine, but the 3 blade finish style will actually leave a groomed appearance much like a traditional lawn mower. Mowing width is wider on that one too of course.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com
:tractor: Like my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on Facebook! :tractor:

User avatar
lliberto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm
Zip Code: 26062
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
2011 Husqvarna YTH24V42LS
Location: WV, Weirton

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby lliberto » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:22 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:The 5 foot should have (3) "finish style" blades where the 4 footer should have a single spindle with a "rough-cut style" swinging blade. Both will cut a lawn just fine, but the 3 blade finish style will actually leave a groomed appearance much like a traditional lawn mower. Mowing width is wider on that one too of course.


Thanks for the info. One more question, will the 4 footer cut heavier grass than the 5 footer?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Posts: 16181
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:52 pm
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Mo. Linn

Re: Could this be a Circle Cub?

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:52 pm

lliberto wrote: One more question, will the 4 footer cut heavier grass than the 5 footer?
Yes. But, I have a Woods 42 mounted on a standard Cub. The Woods 42 does fine if I keep the grass cut to a reasonable level, a foot or less. If I try to mow pasture grass 3 foot high, it's a struggle, not worth the effort.
I have an excuse. CRS.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests