How to Search for Proper Manual

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hitmiss4
Zip Code: 39056

How to Search for Proper Manual

Postby Hitmiss4 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:34 pm

I recently purchased my late Uncle's 1952 McCormick Farmall Cub. I wanted to order a manual for it so I can learn more about it and restore it properly. While searching, I found hundreds of different types of manuals out there but I could not find one specific to the one I purchased.
Several issues I hope to repair is that the muffler was re routed to the rear and the cub pulls hard to the left when steering. Priority wise would be fluid changes. I believe this cub will be perfect for cultivating my sugar cane crop.
I am new to the cub family so any information to get me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How to Search for Proper Manual

Postby Eugene » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Make one or two more posts. That should let you use the manuals section, above, to look through the selection of down loadable manuals.

If the 1952 Operator's Manual is not in the manuals section, use the next year. Operator's Manuals are pretty much identical.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the website. Here are 2 Cub owner's manuals, a 1950, and a 1955. They don't have one for every year on here.
The 1950 will show the vertical exhaust system, and the 1955 will show the electrical system you probably have, if it's still the original 6 volt system.
A 1952 has the voltage regulator like the 1955 manual shows.
If someone has put the IH under axle exhaust system on it, that originally came out in late 1954, when they changed to the hood and grille that the 1955 manual shows.
It is a good idea to read the manual if you never have before, it tells about lubing, and maintenance. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

Hitmiss4
Zip Code: 39056

Postby Hitmiss4 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:09 am

It still has the 6 volt system. I appreciate the information and getting me in the right direction. Look forward to catching up on reading posts.

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi,
The pulling to the left can be caused by the front tire pressure, check them and see if they are both inflated to the same air pressure.
If the front steering parts are bent, straightening them might help.
It could be the front wheel toe in needs adjusting, it tells how to adjust it in the owner's manual. :)

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:36 pm

You can obtain a hard copy of the Farmall Cub manual from countless resources on the internet, including originals.

There really is only one Operator's Manual for the Farmall Cub, though there are several versions of it over the Cub's 1947-1979 production run. A newer version covers all Cubs made previously, so even if the picture on the front cover doesn't quite match your tractor, it will tell you how to operate it and maintain it.