This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub milestone birthday

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DarinO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub milestone birthday

Postby DarinO » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Was thinking about the fact that the cub celebrates a milestone birthday in 2017. My grandpa told a story about a local farmer who had just found out that IH was introducing a one row tractor, called the cub. The neighbor commented, "Well that'll take the mule out of the melon patch." Guess he was right. Wonder if he thought they'd be going strong after 70 years?
"that'll take the mule out of the melon patch!" Bub Baker

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub milestone birthday

Postby Barnyard » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:42 pm

I don't know what he thought, but I'm glad they are still around.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Stevetractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 International Cub

Postby Stevetractor » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:22 am

Yes indeed 70 years is a long time. Can you imagine where all the compact tractors made around the world will be in even 30 years. Our beloved Cubs may not have pollution controls or fancy electronics but they have stood the test of time thanks to a bit of pride and quality in a job well done. Just wish our governments bother in the US and here and in Canada would stand up and say enough of our throwaway workmanship from overseas. That's my rant. Oh yeah a big Happy Birthday!

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Urbish » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 am

According to my Farmall Letter Series Originality Guide book (https://www.amazon.com/Farmall-Letter-Tractors-Originality-Guide/dp/0760304386/), the original intended service life of the Cub was 7 years. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but I imagine the engineers who designed it would be blown away at how many of them are still rolling about the land 70 years later.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”