This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leaking fan

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
les king
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 75835
Tractors Owned: 2 -184's, 2-154's, 12-cubs high crop, 1 with fast hitch, 1- lobby with fast hitch, several parts tractors.

Leaking fan

Postby les king » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:38 am

I have tried to get a picture of the parts of a fan. This is the first time I have taken one apart, mine was leaking, while I disembodied this thing, (so many parts to turn a fan), I didn't see a seal to stop oil at the end of the the shaft and the inside sheave. So if someone that has traveled this road will take my hand, I will issue a thousand thanks, and for the rest of you , A VERY GOOD AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. and your cubs still be fun.
Les king

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Leaking fan

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:57 am

There is no seal. The oil is maintained in the reservoir by gravity and centrifugal force. Your fan hub may be overfilled or the fill screw loose.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

les king
5+ Years
5+ Years
Tractors Owned: 2 -184's, 2-154's, 12-cubs high crop, 1 with fast hitch, 1- lobby with fast hitch, several parts tractors.

Postby les king » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Very good to know. I suspect that over fill was the problem. The leak was at the shaft. Two thousand thanks. Don.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi,
Here is a page from the Cub owner's manual showing how to oil the fan hub. The reading is at the upper right. The pic shows how the oil level should be in it.
If you had it apart, be sure to put the part with the spiral on the right way, or there won't be proper lubrication when the engine is running, I think some of the other guys on here said before. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-26.jpg

les king
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby les king » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 pm

I did have the procedure to add oil, and took pictures of how the parts was installed. Just didn't member taking a felt washer or a seal out .I thought maybe I might of dropped it during the disassembles process. With 70 plus years the memory, fingers and hearing is part time functioning, I have you fine folks to help. Much appreciated. Thanks

Return to “Farmall Cub”