1968 IH Cub paint color areas

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farmallacres-NJ (retired)
Zip Code: 32909
eBay ID: Farmallacres
Tractors Owned: Now -
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, 130 Ind. duals, 3 point, 100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Cubs – too many to remember, maybe 25 ?
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Re: 1968 IH Cub paint color areas

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 am

I had a NOS in box IH# 4 bolt pan seat. Black on Black. Heavier than the repop seats.
My guess at the time was the 'replacement OEM' seats all came Blk/blk.

AL Farmall Boy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 35111
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:01 am

Stevetractor wrote:Good point on the seat colour. I'm not sure black or yellow but the one on tst's pic earlier in this thread is black on black. Farmall boy, who did your seat upholstery and do they paint it before or after? Seems lifting the metal lip would marr the paint.

I had cleaned and painted my seat pan prior to taking it to the upholstery shop. Yes when they crimped it back together it did mar the paint, but I will touch it up with a brush. There is no other way around it that I've found. I got a local upholstery shop in Northport, Alabama to do the work. They did a swell job and I will post pictures later.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com
:tractor: Like my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on Facebook! :tractor:

Stevetractor
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 Farmall Cub

Postby Stevetractor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Does anyone have the measurements for hood decal placement on this style tractor? If worse comes to worse, can guesstimate by the photo Tst posted earlier. Would feel better if I had a good idea. Yup, I'm a member of the dreaded correct police. :help: lol. Thanks to all. I painted the hood this morning so put on the decals and I'm done.