Touch control pump

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scrivet
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Touch control pump

Postby Scrivet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Jerry's cub wrote:........... I did get the rebuild kit from tm tractor but am going to wait before doing anything just yet.
That's the best way to insure you will never have to rebuild the pump, have the kit on hand. :lol: Never ever lose it or misplace it though! If you do. the pump will know and the o-ring will immediately start to leak!

Crimson Tim
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George will follow in a few weeks.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Crimson Tim » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 pm

On a somewhat related topic, did the TC pump change at all over time? If I dig in to my '77 and find the pump shaft is severely worn, can I sub in the pump from my '51 while I get it sorted out?

Gerry Powell
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

Postby Gerry Powell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:31 pm

If your shaft is severely worn, I can put it on my lathe and then press on a speedi-shaft.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
57 Lo-Boy
52 F-Cub
49 F-Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Crimson Tim wrote:On a somewhat related topic, did the TC pump change at all over time? If I dig in to my '77 and find the pump shaft is severely worn, can I sub in the pump from my '51 while I get it sorted out?

Tim,

I'm of the opinion that the answer is yes. If I'm wrong, others more knowledgeable, will be along shortly and set the record straight.

Bill
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist