This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 planter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
international 274
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 35475

184 planter

Postby international 274 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:37 pm

I am looking at a 184 planter with fertilizer attachment,and a factory bolt on one point hitch. I have some of those bolt on one points, but they are large prone for my 560. Never saw a small prone bolt on. Now I will get to my question, this 184 planter have the sprockets on the left side, instead of the right. Have any of you ever seen the 184 with the sprockets on the right side?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

international 274
5+ Years
5+ Years

Re: 184 planter

Postby international 274 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:40 pm

If I buy this unit, what places were made to plant what with this planter beside corn and cotton?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:20 pm

The one-points were large prong, but need the vertical bar to stabilize them.

I believe that you can swap the drive location on that planting unit by simply reversing the shafts to put the sprockets on the opposite side. Some applications required moving the chain to the opposite side. For example, when two units were paired together with a jockey bar the drives need to be on the outer side to avoid interference.

If you have the usual style seed hopper, any of the Richmond style plates will fit. They exist for nearly any seed you can come up with except for the very very small and real problem seeds like cotton that hasn't been delinted.

international 274
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby international 274 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks, looking at it, you can put the sprocket on the wheel on the other side, but you can not change the sprocket on the fertilizer distributor, it has three sprocket on it, one is for to keeping the chain tight and the other is a idler. I do not want to change them, I was just making sure it is a 184. I looks in my 1963 brochure and it is a 184, and it mention that you could get it with a fertilizer attachment. Good to know about the seed plates. Thanks.

Return to “Farmall Cub”