This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

67 Cub Lo Boy Carb

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
noisyone
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 66111

67 Cub Lo Boy Carb

Postby noisyone » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:17 pm

I have been working on my 67 Cub Lo Boy. It kept dying on me, and I discovered that the needle was sticking in the seat. I bought a new needle and seat, but it doesn't have any type of gasket inside....the needle is just bare metal on the inside of the seat. Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's making a good seal or what the issue is. It leaks fuel from the carb sometimes like the fuel flow isn't shutting off, and at other times it's dying like it's getting no fuel. I'm stuck.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 67 Cub Lo Boy Carb

Postby Glen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi,
If you have the IH carburetor, and mean that the needle is all metal, that is how they originally were.
Here is a listing from TM Tractor showing it. Be sure to put in the gasket at the base of the seat. Set the float height at the spec the service manual says, the page is below.
If it's the IH carb, use the upper pics specs, not the lower pics. Turn the carb upper half and float the way it is in the lower right pic to set the float level.
Blow out the carb passages with air while it is apart, is always good to do, wear your safety goggles while doing that. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/fl/5183fp.htm

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/gss- ... 002-09.jpg

noisyone
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 66111

Postby noisyone » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks Glen. These pictures are helpful. Yes, I have the IH carburetor, so I guess the needle with a bare metal tip inside a bare metal seat is normal. Just didn't know if it would make a good seal. The carb is extremely clean (I've had it apart and cleaned about 3 or 4 times). Now that I'm certain I have the right needle and seat, I guess I'm looking at adjusting the float next.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi,
Yes, the needle and seat both have bare metal where they seal together. If they are made right, and not defective, they should seal. :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”