This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Changing tire

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Crimson Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Changing tire

Postby Crimson Tim » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 am

ricky racer wrote:The whole purpose of the video is to be instructional which I think it did nicely. I for one am glad someone takes the time to create them.

And to make the watcher feel confident that they, too, could handle the task. Which it also succeeds at admirably.

I saw an interesting comment after the video on YouTube. Someone posted that they swapped their Ag tires around so the tread was backwards for snow plowing. That makes some sense, as it is my understanding that automotive snow tires specifically try to trap snow in the treads for better traction. Apparently, snow-on-snow traction is better than rubber-on-snow.

Does anybody here do this? How much difference does it make?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am

Quick break - drive front tire of bigger tractor over it!!
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24151
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub
59 cub

Postby Drfting1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Few of the videos she was in helped me out a lot, videos are clear and great audio, she explains very well, no way I could have done my touch control without it, had zero experience with hydraulics..... There was also an older post with pictures on this forum that helped out a lot with pictures
Bill Longeill

Return to “Farmall Cub”