This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch control and oil pressure problems

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
4evr fixin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16053

touch control and oil pressure problems

Postby 4evr fixin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 am

I was having problems with my touch control loading the engine when lowered. When i lowered the plow the engine had to work pretty hard until the pump stopped. So i decided to rebuild it. In the meantime I checked the compression and decided to rebuild the engine. Now that both are done and the tractor is back together its worse. When i lower the blade it almost kills the engine and keeps straining until I raise it a bit. Also when I start the engine I have good oil pressure until it runs for about ten minutes and the pressure starts dropping to about zero. It takes a few minutes but it steadily drops.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch control and oil pressure problems

Postby ricky racer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

Did you plasti-gage your bearing clearances? (Addressing the oil pressure problem)
Last edited by ricky racer on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch control and oil pressure problems

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 am

The engine loading is normal behavior while lowering an implement. There was nothing wrong with your hydraulic system before you started. You now have a mal-adjusted stop for the lower end of the control lever movement. The procedure for adjusting the stop is in the Touch-Control Serviceman's Guide.

Return to “Farmall Cub”