This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Peg Tooth Harrow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

IH Peg Tooth Harrow

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Did IH make a peg tooth harrow that was advertised to be specifically used with a cub? Like the McCormick Deering side delivery rake was? Not so much that it was a cub designed implement but that it could be used with a cub. I have seen period pictures of cubs pulling what they call a 2 section peg tooth harrow in some of my books at home. I wasn't sure if these were originally horse drawn implements or ? I bought one at a local sale and have been fixing it up, works really good behind the cub either just 1 section or both.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH Peg Tooth Harrow

Postby Eugene » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm

I think I have a container of clamp on pegs for a peg toothed harrow, been trying to give them away for several years. If interested, I'll double check the shape and size, and if they are still on the shelf.

Don't know if IH made a peg toothed harrow specifically for a Cub. Years ago, purchased 6 sections of peg toothed harrow with the evener and draw chains. I have the feeling that a farmer could purchase as many sections as needed. Shortly after purchasing the acreage, found two sections partially buried in the grass.

When I was a kid, most of our tractor pulled implements were originally horse drawn. Tongue shortened for a tractor.

I pull one section behind the disk harrow with my Cub. Have one that I cut down to pull behind a Cub Cadet. They work great. Also, inexpensive.
I have an excuse. CRS.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH Peg Tooth Harrow

Postby tst » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 pm

they made at least three I know of, a single and a double for the fast hitch and a single for a drag behind

Return to “Farmall Cub”