1952 Farmall Cub meets 2017 Technology, how do you remove throttle nut?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShawnAgne
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
Circle of Safety: Y

1952 Farmall Cub meets 2017 Technology, how do you remove throttle nut?

Postby ShawnAgne » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Well I wanted a tach/hour meter but didn't want to spend big bucks for an original. I didn't want to buy a Chineese repro that would break, and I figured everyone would appreciate me not messing with my engine adding the tach drive parts and the half dozen posts that would ensue because I messed something up. So here was the solution.

It is an induction tach, bonus is it will give me actual running hours. Just had a plastic circle made to fit in the holder and clamped it in. Soon as I get the bracket painted I will give it a go.

However question, how do you remove the nut on the throttle. I removed the trottle unit but when I spin the nut the stem twists. Guessing it is stuck to the nut but thought I'd ask before I mess something up.
Shawn Agne

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1952 Farmall Cub meets 2017 Technology, how do you remove throttle nut?

Postby Glen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

Hi,
Looks like a nice meter.
If you removed the throttle lever or spring, try using some pliers to hold the shaft, the nut should screw off. You might need vise grip pliers on the shaft.
You could cut off the excess clamp length, sticking out in the pic, when you get it all assembled, and smooth up where you cut the clamp. :)