This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spark Plug Gasket ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

Spark Plug Gasket ?

Postby tinnerjohn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

This is one of those "I know but I forgot" questions. The aluminum gaskets have a wide and a narrow side. Which side goes which way? Or does it matter? I'm sure I've done them both ways, but whats the "best practices" way? Thanks John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

clm2112
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15438
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Re: Spark Plug Gasket ?

Postby clm2112 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 am

Well... they usually come out of the box with the smaller diameter (narrow side) facing the cylinder head, so that is how I have installed them over the years.

Now that I have stopped to think about it, they are crush washers. The cylinder head side is probably the harder surface to seal compared to the shoulder of the plug. The smaller diameter will get flattened out against the head to form the seal.

Return to “Farmall Cub”