This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dumbest question ever about Cole planter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rexxon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21853
Circle of Safety: Y

Dumbest question ever about Cole planter

Postby rexxon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Looking to do some planting have 2 medium flat corn plates same size cells just one is 12 cell the other 18 I can change the speed gear to get 8"spacing with either seed plate. Is there any advantage to less or more cells when the end result is 8" with either??????

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Dumbest question ever about Cole planter

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Having never used a Cole, I would think either should work as well as long as you can get the seed spacing you want. If the seed is not well sized to the cells, rotation speed of the plate may have some effect on how uniformly it feeds the seeds. I would guess slower speed may work better if that is a problem.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Dumbest question ever about Cole planter

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 pm

I would think the 18-cell plate would rotate slower than the 12-cell for the same 8" spacing. On those older planters, slower plate rotation should be better.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Return to “Farmall Cub”