Replacement governor/throttle rod?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BenM
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30107
Tractors Owned: 63 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Replacement governor/throttle rod?

Postby BenM » Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Anyone know where I can get a replacement rod that goes from the throttle lever to the governor? Some of my issue with my recient throttle issues is that that rod is all bent up. I repaired it as well as I could and seems to be working better (won't know for sure till I can run it) but thinking it might be better to replace it. Didn't see one on TM.

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Re: Replacement governor/throttle rod?

Postby Glen » Tue May 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,
You might be able to straighten it heating it up to red hot with a torch, and hammering it the right shape again. It is supposed to have 2 bends at the front of the Touch Control, where the rod changes height, and other bends, so it will fit between the lever and governor connection. Here is a page from the Cub owner's manual, you can see it there, look closely.
JP Salvage at the bottom of the page might have another one. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-26.jpg
Last edited by Glen on Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenM
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30107
Tractors Owned: 63 Cub

Postby BenM » Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Mine had 4 bends, now it has 2 bends and 2 squiggles and is just wonkey all around. Thanks as always Glen.

PoconoCub
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 18330
Tractors Owned: .
1957 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub
1949 Farmall Cub
1948 Farmall Cub

Postby PoconoCub » Thu May 04, 2017 12:37 pm

BenM wrote:Anyone know where I can get a replacement rod that goes from the throttle lever to the governor? Some of my issue with my recient throttle issues is that that rod is all bent up. I repaired it as well as I could and seems to be working better (won't know for sure till I can run it) but thinking it might be better to replace it. Didn't see one on TM.

I would try JP Tractor Salvage first but DE Farmall Cubs has them for 19.99 http://www.defarmallcubs.com/GOVERNOR.html
Scott
ImageCircle of Safety

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi,
The rod has more than the 2 bends at the front of the Touch Control, I didn't mean to say it above like there are only 2 bends. I just meant that the 2 bends by the Touch Control are supposed to be there.
Here is a page from the Cub parts manual showing the rod, the bends are similar to the pic. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 012-32.jpg