This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sons cub is finally back together.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
J3 Driver
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17241
Tractors Owned: 1976 C-160 Wheelhorse
1995 JD F525
1998 JD 955 with 70A loader and 54 blade
JD 71 planter modified for use on Sleevehitch
Brinly plow, disk, and cultivator.
Son has a 1957 Cub with fast hitch, snowplow, 194 plow, disk, carryall, Mott fast hitch flail mower, and windbreaker
1942 John Deere H
Circle of Safety: Y

Sons cub is finally back together.

Postby J3 Driver » Sat May 27, 2017 9:53 pm

So a few months ago I took the generator and regulator off of my sons cub to have it looked at. Turned out the regulator was bad. So got a new one and the generator gone over and get it all back together and she won't run. Doesn't even try. Has gas, has spark. Doesn't have compression. So I pull the head and all four exhaust valves are stuck. So off for a valve job. (If anyone is around South Central PA Dwayne Zimmerman in Newville does excellent work very reasonably. Ground all 4 valves and seats and cleaned things up and adjusted valves for 76 bucks)

So last night I get her home and all back together. Runs like a champ. More power than before, runs smoother, and the generator and charging system are working flawlessly.

My son has his cub back and is happier then ever.

Much better than before.
https://youtu.be/HjGM35rKupY

Thanks all four the help answering a newbies questions on things. You were all most helpful.

Pics of my son putting the oil pan back on. And all back together late last night ready to go.
Attachments
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sons cub is finally back together.

Postby staninlowerAL » Sun May 28, 2017 6:06 am

J3 Driver wrote: Ground all 4 valves and seats and cleaned things up and adjusted valves for 76 bucks)
Pics of my son putting the oil pan back on.
Valve repair--excellent price, Value of the experience with son--priceless!!
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Return to “Farmall Cub”