This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

any reason to get rid of magneto when upgrading pistons?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Ric , you have heard all about the mag, Now , I would reconcidder the boring and new pistons. I've done that and can tell you from experance that you will spend an extra 300. and not notice the gain. Un less that is, you need to do it any way because of wear. A good overhaul goes a long way. By the way, I'm just so. of you in Maple Grove

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:03 pm

I agree that the modern mag coils will last as long as a battery coil, but 40 years ago when most of them were replaced they were not made of the same materials, and even with proper care failed a lot sooner than battery ignition coils. I assume a lot of the reason may have been that the battery coils were in a sealed metal case, frequently immersed in oil, where the mag colis were encased in a tar like matereial and woud draw moisture with age.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”