This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil pan removal and other questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: oil pan removal and other questions

Postby Glen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi,
Yes, if the oil holes are plugged, the bearings don't get oil from there.
Just the rear bearing had an oil hole, on the newer style rear bearing. I didn't know they don't have an oil hole now. I don't know if the Case IH, and TM Tractor bearing has the hole or not, it doesn't show in TM's pic. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/tr/422fp.htm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lurch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85735

Postby lurch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Just want to thank everyone for their input. This place is great and I am reading other threads right now that are very useful. Thanks to all of you. I will be posting a few pics of my cub very soon and look forward to any comments. On another topic, the inspection hole for the flywheel and clutch is open and there is no cover on it. I am concerned about dust and debris. Can anyone suggest where I might find a cover? It looks like they are in two pieces.

clemk
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 03741
Tractors Owned: 51 cub
Fast Hitch
Cub22 mower
193 plow
L54 plow
C2 mower

1945 Ford 2N with aftermarket loader

Postby clemk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Go to the links forum. TM Tractor has them. TM, then new parts, then clutch. About $16. I imagine other site sponsors would have them, too

Reason for edit, add a missed step
Circle of Safety If nothing else, I'm good at being the bad example or a last resort

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi,
Below is the listing at TM Tractor for the cover. The metal bar goes inside the hole, to anchor the cover on.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/cl/475fp.htm

Here is a page from the Cub owner's manual showing the clutch and cover. Grease the throwout bearing at the grease fitting before putting the cover on, would be good to do.
The guys here say use cheap grease, so it absorbs into the throwout bearing material. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-52.jpg

lurch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85735

Postby lurch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 am

Thank you all very much. This forum is the greatest

iosco cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48730
Tractors Owned: fifty five fast hitch
fifty six cub

Postby iosco cub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 pm

My 55 made a whineing/growling noise from the transmission first and reverse. I removed the transmission and hauled it and my box of new bearings and seals and gaskets to the barnyard bash for some expert help. When we opened it up the first problem we had was a broken 1st and reverse shifter fork. Probably the source of the noise.With some help I was able to source another one that was repairable.during the rest of the rebuild there was discussion regarding trans noises how some cubs are noisier than others.
Well after putting everything back together and out for the test drive, I have the same noise. After a month or so of use I decided to remove the trans cover and have a look. The repaired fork was still intact but did show some signs of rubbing
wear.
So just this evening I installed the new one. Turns out I guess I just got a noisey one.

Return to “Farmall Cub”