I hate getting old and forgetful

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jamesan
Zip Code: 45154
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub

Re: I hate getting old and forgetful

Postby Jamesan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm

You know I used to put special things in places so unusual that there could be no way I would forget. The reality was there was NO WAY I would remember!
Now when I go to put something away, I ask myself, "where would I look for this item", and that is where I put it.

rockfarmer
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 78633
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1949 Cub (Rocky)
1962 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby rockfarmer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 am

Eugene wrote:Now I just ask my wife where it is. She usually knows.....

Wife also has her own private tool chest. If I'm missing a tool, just have to ask the wife.

Thanks Eugene! Now I know "one" gift to get my wife for Christmas!

I'll have to make sure it is not the first gift opened, otherwise it could get ugly :o

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

rockfarmer wrote:
Eugene wrote:Now I just ask my wife where it is. She usually knows.....

Wife also has her own private tool chest. If I'm missing a tool, just have to ask the wife.

Thanks Eugene! Now I know "one" gift to get my wife for Christmas!

I'll have to make sure it is not the first gift opened, otherwise it could get ugly :o
Make sure the first gift opened is not a knife or a hammer!!!!!
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Today. I was taking the groceries to the car while wife settled up the bill. Put the groceries behind the passenger seat. Hum, didn't recall the wife putting a cooler behind the drivers seat. Wife and I got in the front seats. Looked around, told wife that I don't think this is our car. Pause, wife looked around, said that this was not our car.

Sure enough, our identical car was parked adjacent. Picked up our groceries, looked around to see if the owner had seen us enter his/her vehicle.

Local newspaper article, years ago. Acquaintance drove a vehicle home before he figured out that it was not his. Returned the vehicle to where he picked it up to find the police and owner waiting. Vehicles identical, and keys for both vehicles were the same.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:18 pm

I went to a small grocery store while at a Nortel school in Sacramento Ca. several years ago, and when I came out of the store my key would not open the door of my rental car. When I glanced in the back seat I noticed a car seat, oops. When I looked around my rental was 2 spots over and several people were watching me with concerned looks out the window of the store. I just shrugged and with a sheepish look on my face went over to my rental car, as the people in the store started laughing. :oops:

goldencub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01770

Postby goldencub » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Eugene - same thing happened to me years ago. Had a red Volvo sedan and came out of the store into the parking lot, got in a red Volvo sedan, put in the key, started the engine and turned to look out the back window so I could get out of the parking slot. I noticed stuff on the back seat that wasn't mine! My car was parked 3 cars further down the line, yet the ignition key worked just fine in this car!! Al
Maud - 1947 Cub #4364
Everything's better with Golden Retrievers, an old Ford V8 and a Cub!

Scrivet
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Eugene wrote:..............
Local newspaper article, years ago. Acquaintance drove a vehicle home before he figured out that it was not his. Returned the vehicle to where he picked it up to find the police and owner waiting. Vehicles identical, and keys for both vehicles were the same.

goldencub wrote:Eugene - same thing happened to me years ago. Had a red Volvo sedan and came out of the store into the parking lot, got in a red Volvo sedan, put in the key, started the engine and turned to look out the back window so I could get out of the parking slot. I noticed stuff on the back seat that wasn't mine! My car was parked 3 cars further down the line, yet the ignition key worked just fine in this car!! Al
Just one more reason we now have laser engraved chip keys that cost $100+ instead of getting one cut at the hardware store for $1.

DickB
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01026
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

I never misplace things. Not since it became obvious to me that it wasn't me that misplaced things. It was any number of thieves who somehow snatch things from under my nose. It wasn't easy to resist calling the police, but I am a patient guy as the "80" looms large. So I just relax and know that in time the culprit will be remorseful and return whatever it was. The thieves are darned inventive and sneaky in returning things.

My wire snippers - crimpers were quaintly placed behind some other stuff on the floor leaning against the wall and covered up with junk. Now there's a thief that didn't want to get caught. They were gone for over 2 months. I actually got emotional and kissed them "Hello" and thought: "Welcome back, Good Buddy." Needed them about a month ago big time so I bought something similar but not exactly, so next time there is going to be confusion in the thieves mind. Maybe.

And my ear protection devices? The darned thief left those on a branch of an apple tree down in the field -- must have been too scared to bring them to the barn. It took a month to find them, dangling there.

There's more, but I can't remember them now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 am

Welcome to the club. I find stuff I forgot I purchased. I also have stuff that hides from me. Old age does creep up on us for sure. My mind says let's do it now, my body says let's stay in bed a little longer. Lol.

What really gets me upset I'm looking for something then my son comes over and has no clue what it is or where it is but he finds it in minutes. I spend hours looking for it. Like I said I think the stuff hides from me. Lol :tractor:

My doctor seems to have a pill for everything I wish he had a pill for memory loss, to stop the aging process, well I can't say the next thing,........lmao
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 am

BigBill wrote:.........My doctor seems to have a pill for everything I wish he had a pill for memory loss, to stop the aging process, well I can't say the next thing,........lmao
One of them is called Aricept, and the other is Mematine. :lol:

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Best way to find lost items is to start cleaning off the workbench!! Amazing what tools w/turn up (especially the ones you were looking for yesterday) that you didn't remember having!! As to multiple tools they are all very affectionate- seek one another's company!! All my crescent wrenches, tape measures, etc.., seem for some reason to all wind up in the same shop area (I have 3). but NOT the one I happen to be working in!! LOL !!!@
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59,'71 Cub
'51 Super C
'55 Case SC
Fairbanks-Morse 3KW Generator
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coupe
'51 Ford PU
'55 Dodge PU
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Currently having a run problem with a Kohler CH25 engine. Engine runs great when cranking, dies in the run mode. 8, 10, 12 years ago when I assembled the 10KW generator set with the Kohler engine, I made a sketch of the wiring diagram. Now, I have no idea where the wiring diagram is.

So, have to remove the gas tank and stand, engine sheet metal, and make a new sketch while diagnosing the problem.

Solution is going to be simple, just have to find the problem that prevents the engine from running. Just have to trace everything out. Could be the switch or one of the sensors.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”