Back pressure

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShawnAgne
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Back pressure

Postby ShawnAgne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am

It is an easy rebuild. I had to do that after I blew my pump when I added another cylinder to articulate the snow blade. I didn't think about adjusting the pressure relief on the new cylinder.
Shawn Agne

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Actually there are 2 different pumps, with the only noticeable difference being one has a standard oil seal, and the other an O-ring.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

leeboy50cub
Zip Code: 15717

Postby leeboy50cub » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Well been a couple months but finally rebuilt pump today. I got the kit but after doing all the o rings I think I could of of got the main oring and been fine. Thanks for tips and info guys, removing the key was the worst of it. Got to get new key tomorrow.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:01 pm

I had one that was so tight I finally took it to a friend that had a machine shop. After spending half an hour trying the same things I had tried he welded a small nut to it so he could get a better grip on it and it came right out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Willy
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 38330
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub Lil Red

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:50 pm

I rebuilt mine back in early November, but went with a "quad/x-ring" type o-ring in an effort to have it seal in a different part of the pump shaft than the original o-ring did. The original ring left a nice groove where it rode on the shaft. So far it's held up pretty good. I did have to round down a sharp cornered edge on the shaft with a small file as that quad ring didn't want to slip over it without twisting up.

As for that key, I used a set of needle nose vise grips on the old one and just replaced the fool thing after I got it out.
Waking up the ol' Cub

Nah, it's not leaking oil. It's just marking it's territory.

leeboy50cub
Zip Code: 15717

Postby leeboy50cub » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:15 pm

The shaft had some wear ,no filing required though. Now that key did me in, I was trying to be gentle ( been known to break stuff) but it would not budge. Drove up to a Buddy's and within 30 seconds he had it out, I just shook my head.....