Best place to order Cub parts?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Urbish
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1948 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Best place to order Cub parts?

Postby Urbish » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 pm

FWIW, you can get 2# of Cow Tales (with free shipping if an Amazon Prime member) for under $13, or about what it costs to have Steiner ship you a single paper gasket :hattip:

https://www.amazon.com/Bulk-Mini-Vanilla-Tales-Pound/dp/B006VXBMRK

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk

Postby Super A » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:23 pm

I haven’t found Steiner to be any worse on shipping than anyone else. If you’re on their email list they offer some decent discounts from time to time.

I ordered an oil pump gasket for a C a while back from a dealer and shipping was more than the cost of the gasket. But, I had to have it.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk

Postby Super A » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 am

FWIW I ran a little test this weekend....needed a breaker point cover and a brake return spring for the Cub. I decided to order from Steiner or TM because there's no way I will have time to get to a caseIH dealer this week. Steiner's shipping was indeed a good bit higher (USPS Priority Mail vs. UPS Ground) but the prices of the parts was cheaper--the breaker cover was less than half of TM's price and the spring was a dollar and change cheaper.
They were running a Veteran's Day sale so that helped offset the increased shipping cost as well. (And plus I get Cow Tails!) Moral of the story is it pays to shop around!

I've never had bad service from Steiner, but TM is truly second-to-none when it comes to customer service. I like to "spread it around" and buy from them whenever I can....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.