This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No vent tube to air cleaner?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bripam
10+ Years
10+ Years

No vent tube to air cleaner?

Postby bripam » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:41 pm

First of all, as a recent owner of a '74 Cub, this forum has been a HUGE help! THANKS!!!

So my question ...

I have noticed some smoke coming out of the oil filler tube and wanted to check the vent coming out of the crankcase, but there was none!

I did find plugs in the air filter tube and crank case ... is this something from a PO?

How important is the vent between the crank case and the air filter?
1974 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm going to offer an opinion, actually two opinions.

1) The purpose is to draw blowby vapors out of the crankcase and ultimately burned in the combution chambers. Currently, in your tractor, vapors escape the crankcase through the oil filler cap. There are a lot of makes and models tractors of the same era without the crankcase ventilation system. My opinion, it will not hurt the tractor to operate without the vent tube installed.

2) I would reinstall the crankcase vent system at some time. Simply to reduce the amount of blowby coming out the oil filler.

Eugene

bripam
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bripam » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:02 pm

Thanks, I will plan to replace it later!
1974 Cub

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:15 pm

BRIPAM, Some of the experts with the yellow/white tractors might correct me but I have a 75 cub I bought in 1980 in excelent condition and it does not have that line like the red ones do. I don't think the P/O took it off.

I would like to know if it is susposed to have one or not.

Mike
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Farmall Cub”