This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor cut off with battery disconnect

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brodalick
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28540
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Re: Tractor cut off with battery disconnect

Postby Brodalick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Good eye Glenn. Right is for sure leaning backwards. Left side is facing forward slightly. I've had a shower and was watching TV when I read your post. I jumped up and straight to the shop I go. I had to look for myself. Ended up taking the right side loose and the hole is elongated badly. Moved axle out one hole and it looks right. Will decide on what fix I want tomorrow. May just move both out one hole and realign. Thanks for the eagle eye.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 am

Hi,
Glad you found the problem with the axle.
If you want it at the width it was, ( it usually should be about the same width as the rear is adjusted ), it might work to tighten the clamp good, with the spindle angle set right, and it might hold normally, even with a worn pin hole.
Be sure the clamp bolts tighten enough, sometimes they are rusty, and need removing, and a die run on the threads to clean them up, and a tap run through the nuts.
I would check it after some use, and be sure it is staying at the right angle.
But if you prefer to use another width with good pin hole, that's ok too. :)

Brodalick
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28540
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Brodalick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am

Decided to keep the original width. Had the holes welded and redrilled and reinstalled the axle. Wheel now has a slight forward angle and looks just like the left

Return to “Farmall Cub”