Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
outdoors4evr
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:44 pm
Zip Code: 48423
Tractors Owned: 184
Location: Davison, MI

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:28 pm

I like the pallet forks!
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller

Wilbilly
Cub Star
Cub Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 pm
Zip Code: 42275
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub, cub cadet original, 1946 Farmall A, 1982 484 ih, 1967 806 Farmall, 1943 b Allis chalmers , 1964 4000 ford,1983 7600 ford, sevral David Bradley walk behind, + parts and peaces.
Location: Butler county, kentucky

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby Wilbilly » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm

jsfarmall wrote:I built a field cultivator for my cub. Really easy. I used danish tines for the plows.

Iv got an old jd cultvator that i was thinking about using the shanks off of but i do like the looks of those danish tines. Where did you get yours?

I really like that receiver hitch deal. I made one for my b allis just for switching between the 2" ball and straght drawbar, but making it lift like that would open it up to many possibilities. A laying off plow comes to mind :hattip:

User avatar
Willy
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm
Zip Code: 38330
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub Lil Red
Location: Dyer, TN

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby Willy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:52 pm

On the lift adjustable draw bar. When I've got my utility trailer hooked up, I use a set of 1/2" pins in the original drawbar locking bolt holes. Just in case I get a little too happy with how much weight I put in the front of the trailer. I'm not real confident of the pressure rod adjustment collars ability to carry weight. Another reason to go to a 3 point hitch.
Waking up the ol' Cub

Nah, it's not leaking oil. It's just marking it's territory.

User avatar
J3 Driver
Cub Star
Cub Star
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:38 am
Zip Code: 17241
Tractors Owned: 1976 C-160 Wheelhorse
1995 JD F525
1998 JD 955 with 70A loader and 54 blade
JD 71 planter modified for use on Sleevehitch
Brinly plow, disk, and cultivator.
Son has a 1957 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby J3 Driver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:19 pm

I didn’t build this but picked it and and refinished it. It started life a a bomb trailer for the army I think. Size is about perfect for the cub. 4.5’ X 8.5’.
Attachments
853CC19A-2A9C-4B0C-9CBD-87FBC0065DD7.jpeg
C030F092-1DF4-4860-9D87-6226EF5740A6.jpeg

User avatar
tmays
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 pm
Zip Code: 39180
Tractors Owned: 1948 Allis Chalmers G
1947 Cub
1952 Cub

154 Cub LoBoy
Location: Vicksburg, MS

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby tmays » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:23 pm

J3 Driver wrote:I didn’t build this but picked it and and refinished it. It started life a a bomb trailer for the army I think. Size is about perfect for the cub. 4.5’ X 8.5’.

Is sure like to find one of those :-)
Thomas

User avatar
J3 Driver
Cub Star
Cub Star
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:38 am
Zip Code: 17241
Tractors Owned: 1976 C-160 Wheelhorse
1995 JD F525
1998 JD 955 with 70A loader and 54 blade
JD 71 planter modified for use on Sleevehitch
Brinly plow, disk, and cultivator.
Son has a 1957 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby J3 Driver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 pm

tmays wrote:
J3 Driver wrote:I didn’t build this but picked it and and refinished it. It started life a a bomb trailer for the army I think. Size is about perfect for the cub. 4.5’ X 8.5’.

Is sure like to find one of those :-)


Id like to find another one. I’d been trying to identify exactly what it is so I can look for another one. But no luck yet. Thing is way overbuilt. Weighs 1000 pounds as it sits.

User avatar
Willy
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm
Zip Code: 38330
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub Lil Red
Location: Dyer, TN

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby Willy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 pm

J3 Driver wrote:
tmays wrote:
J3 Driver wrote:I didn’t build this but picked it and and refinished it. It started life a a bomb trailer for the army I think. Size is about perfect for the cub. 4.5’ X 8.5’.

Is sure like to find one of those :-)


Id like to find another one. I’d been trying to identify exactly what it is so I can look for another one. But no luck yet. Thing is way overbuilt. Weighs 1000 pounds as it sits.


Sounds like my home made utility trailer. The frame was built from 6" I-beams with a mobile home axle welded under it.
Waking up the ol' Cub

Nah, it's not leaking oil. It's just marking it's territory.

jsfarmall
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:04 pm
Zip Code: 72454

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby jsfarmall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Wilbilly wrote:
jsfarmall wrote:I built a field cultivator for my cub. Really easy. I used danish tines for the plows.

Iv got an old jd cultvator that i was thinking about using the shanks off of but i do like the looks of those danish tines. Where did you get yours?

I really like that receiver hitch deal. I made one for my b allis just for switching between the 2" ball and straght drawbar, but making it lift like that would open it up to many possibilities. A laying off plow comes to mind :hattip:


Got mine off an old.jd cultivator. 2in square tube to mount the shanks to. Got 9 shanks and works great. Like it better than a disc and doesn't add compaction like a disc and does much better job leveling.

jsfarmall
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:04 pm
Zip Code: 72454

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby jsfarmall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 pm

https://m.facebook.com/groups/485306901 ... 4299618697

This is my field cultivator I built.

jsfarmall
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:04 pm
Zip Code: 72454

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby jsfarmall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:51 pm

IMG_20180228_204948.jpg

jsfarmall
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:04 pm
Zip Code: 72454

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby jsfarmall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 pm

It hooks up exactly like my breaking plow so all i have to do is unbolt the plow and bolt this on without changing anything on the tractor.

User avatar
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 4238
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:40 pm
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Niles / Buchanan, Michigan

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby ricky racer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:04 pm

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Wilbilly
Cub Star
Cub Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 pm
Zip Code: 42275
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub, cub cadet original, 1946 Farmall A, 1982 484 ih, 1967 806 Farmall, 1943 b Allis chalmers , 1964 4000 ford,1983 7600 ford, sevral David Bradley walk behind, + parts and peaces.
Location: Butler county, kentucky

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby Wilbilly » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 pm

jsfarmall wrote:It hooks up exactly like my breaking plow so all i have to do is unbolt the plow and bolt this on without changing anything on the tractor.


That is exactly what im aiming for glad to see a proof of concept.

Rickyracer, that is the neatest thing iv seen, is the thing with the teeth on it a dethacher? It looks like hay rake teeth? I could see that useing that in the garden, yard and maybe could rake the driveway with it very cool.

farmerted
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:37 pm
Zip Code: 72120
Tractors Owned: '62 mc farmall cub
Location: Fayetteville AR

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby farmerted » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Wow! I wish there was a "like" button but that would not cover it.
Really first rate work, field cultavator, grader blade, pallet forks. My favorite add ons though, cell holder and cup holder ;)

User avatar
Indy4570
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:12 am
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
57 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
Gilson 18HP
various other GTs
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Missouri Ozarks

Re: Id like to see some homemade equipment.

Postby Indy4570 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:54 pm

thats a purty tractor Ricky, one day I will have a purty one ;) I am jealous of you guys that have already purtied yours up.
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests