One of the problems that I have is that it is difficult to
safely store breakable Cub Parts in a
I currently use 20 Litre or 5 US Gallon Square Plastic Laundry Detergent Pails to
store much of my parts, but some stuff just doesn't fit well into parts boxes that fit into these pails.
Such is the problem with the Guide Lens
for the Tear Drop
Lights. They are expensive to
replace with repros, and almost impossible to
find as originals
So here is my solution to
How To Make A Tear Drop Lens Storage Case
- Save a 50 CD Storage Spindle Tower Case. Make sure you keep the little foam washers and the clear CD blanks.
- Cut off the centre spindle on the band saw or with a Flush Cut Hand Saw
- Take 5 Foam Spacers and place between the base and the first lens.
- Place and additonal 2 Foam Spacers between each lens. I have 3 for storage, but you can fit up to 5 Lenses in one Spindle Tower Case.
- Replace the Spindle Tower Case Cover and put your Lenses safely away in storage.