This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How To Make A Tear Drop Lens Storage Case

Tips and tricks on repairs to your Cub’s structure.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:03 pm

One of the problems that I have is that it is difficult to safely store breakable Cub Parts in a Cabinet Shop :roll: :wink: :shock: :big smile: I currently use 20 Litre or 5 US Gallon Square Plastic Laundry Detergent Pails to store much of my parts, but some stuff just doesn't fit well into parts boxes that fit into these pails.

Such is the problem with the Guide Lens for the Tear Drop Lights. They are expensive to replace with repros, and almost impossible to find as originals :shock: So here is my solution to prevent breakage.

• Save a 50 CD Storage Spindle Tower Case. Make sure you keep the little foam washers and the clear CD blanks.

• Cut off the centre spindle on the band saw or with a Flush Cut Hand Saw

• Take 5 Foam Spacers and place between the base and the first lens.

• Place and additonal 2 Foam Spacers between each lens. I have 3 for storage, but you can fit up to 5 Lenses in one Spindle Tower Case.

• Replace the Spindle Tower Case Cover and put your Lenses safely away in storage.

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Frame/Sheet Metal”