This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2012 Western MO Antique Tractor Show

ALL Tractor Shows, Red Power, Steam, Threshers, etc...
Forum rules
All photos must be your personal photos (no copyrighted material).

FarmallCub.Com forum upload attachment requirements:
Maximum attached file size: 512kb
Maximum dimension: Unlimited (as long as the file is less than 512kb)

Preferred photo attachments are via direct upload in post, and/or the CubFest Photo Server.

Commercial Photo hosting services will work, however, if the image links become broken due to discontinued service or deletion of the images, the posting will be marked for removal.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

2012 Western MO Antique Tractor Show

Postby Stanton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 am

Over the winter, I reproduced a Blue Ribbon sticker and a dealer sticker. The dealer sticker was replicated from the original decal on the tractor's toolbox when I found it. The Blue Ribbon sticker was put on a magnet, 'cause I wanted it just for shows:

006.jpg

009.jpg

And off to Adrian, MO I went. Cloudy, but humid/warm.

010.jpg

My '48 with Prewitt post hole digger (PHD) in tow:

011.jpg

Oliver was the featured manufacturer this year. Got to the show and set up before breakfast (always great breakfasts at the show!!). I made up a two sided sheet with many of the facts about the Grosshart/Prewitt PHD with some pictures that came from the Red Power Magazine article. Also printed out two brochures from the 1950's showing the Grosshart PHD and the Prewitt Cement mixer (you can see it hanging between the upright digger support frame). I had those laminated and put in a 3-ring binder and hung it off the PHD so anybody who wanted to could read about it. Also laminated a front/back page of what the '48 Cub looked like last year when I pulled it out of the fencerow. Got a lot of interest and looks.

016.jpg

When I pulled in, I was surprised to find a Farmall 350 with a Grosshart PHD on the back:

027.jpg

031.jpg

Frank Grosshart (son of the inventor), also attended the show. A couple months ago when I had acquired my PHD, I told him that I wished it had said "Grosshart Post Hole Digger" on it instead of Prewitt, because I had struck up a friendship with him. Before the show, he contacted the guy who owned the 350 (he owns two PHDs) and he swapped me one of his Grosshart nameplates. Thought that was very nice of him. Frank really liked my restore job and was glad it was working well. Here's Frank on his Super A during the parade of power.

067.jpg

Parked next to the 350 for comparison:

081.jpg

Great show!!

058.jpg
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill E Bob
10+ Years