This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rest in Peace, George Willer

Dedicated to those we love and miss dearly.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Rest in Peace, George Willer

Postby Indiana Robinson » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 pm

George and I were very good friends for a lot of years before his health, my health and other circumstances kind of pushed me out of most things where we could get together... :(
I am recovering pretty well now from everything except getting old.
I can hear George now as plain as day. (you have to read this fairly loudly)... George: "Guess what I saw up there just a while ago". "Somebody got one of those one wheel Choremasters and made it into a butt buggy!!!". :D
He loved that line.

I have lots of memories of George from the ATIS list, the various Cubfest including the one here on the farm and private visits. I remember one night at Fremont when Marilyn, George, Diana and I went out to a nice little restaurant. I don't remember what any of the rest of us ate but I remember us kidding Marilyn that she must have ordered sparrow instead of chicken. George called the waitress over and ask that they give Marilyn some real food. I think that on that trip George had put new tires on his Case SC and gave me his old tires which were regular chevron tires but were worn so low that George always referred to them as "turf tires". One of those tires is still going.
Lots of memories, all good.
Sadly we will be unable to make the trip to Fremont.
I think I need to go do something else now...
Chat later.

"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Russ Leggitt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Thank you to the family of "Mr. Willer" for sharing him with us and all others he touched in his life. My prayers are with Ms. Willer and family. Rest in peace.

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 am

I had to smile when I noticed this line in my signature...
"Location: TMCOTKU (Shelbyville, IN.) Cubfest 2004"
The TMCOTKU was a direct result of George. I don't use that any place but here these days but had used it here because of George being here.
"Many" years ago George had posted on the ATIS list that he had determined that his shop at Fremont Ohio was the center of the known universe. I believe that the discussion was about where guys on the list lived. George and I started a "fun feud" over whether his shop at Fremont or my shop at Shelbyville Indiana was actually the center of the known universe. At some point George presented some method of "proof" :) that his shop was the "geographical" center of the known universe and I countered that then my shop was the "magnetic" (much like the magnetic north pole) center of the known universe (TMCOTKU). Thus our fun feud came to an end but we continued to have fun with it for a very long time. :)
I shall leave that line in there in George's honor. When I read it I see him smiling. :)
As I said, lots of memories, all good...

"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:41 pm

I never had the pleasure of meeting George in person but I have talked to him om the phone a time or two. A fine fellow, just wish I could have met him in person. RIP George
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 pm

I am one of the very few who has actually been to TMCOTKU. It was a learning and enjoyable weekend. Thanks Farmer.

more pictures of George here:

http://gallery.me.com/arizonamike#100223
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Farmer, thanks for that memory! It's been a while since I've thought about that. Also, thanks for coming out of the woods to post here, we think about you often and would like to see you post more often.

Mike, it's great to see those old pics from Cubfest at Farmer's. Cubfests were small but growing, in those days. It looks like I plowed a pretty straight furrow, I wonder if it really was that straight?

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:29 pm

TMCOTKU with some FATG's LOL.

It was fun.

:)
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Arizona Mike wrote:TMCOTKU with some FATG's LOL.

It was fun.

:)

Those were the good old days Mike!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

BucketHead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01050
Tractors Owned: 1963 MF 202
1953 Super C
1949 Cub
1970 LoBoy 154
1949 M

Postby BucketHead » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Wow...I am stunned that George is gone. I first got to know George on the ATIS list. I was always impressed by the depth of his knowledge and his willingness to share it. He always seemed like one of the good guys.

My sincerest condolences to the Willer family and may George rest in peace.
Karl

Cubfriend
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 68803
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub, Kittie; 1948 Cub, Harold; 1949 Cub, 49er; 1951 Cub, Tucker; 1951 Cub, Homely; 1956 Cub High Crop; 1957 Cub Loboy; 57 Cub Loboy w/fasthitch + 194 plow; 1958 Cub LoBoy w/FH, Popeye; 1961 Cub, Beater; #1-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot Throttle; #2-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot throttle; Yellow 1963 Cub Loboy and blade; 1970 Cub, Cubbie; and 5 other Cubs in various stages of disaasembly and disrepair; 1962 Cub Cadet Original; 2 other Cub Cadet Originals; Cub Cadet 100; Cub Cadet 124 w/Creeper; Cub Cadet 147; 2 Cub Cadet 129's; Cub Cadet 149; 1948 Allis Chalmers C w/single frontwheel; 1944 Farmall H w/Tokhiem Cab; 2 One Point Fasthitch Carriers; 2-#100 Fasthitch Rear Blade; 2 Sets Cub 144 Cultivators; 2 Sets Cub #252 Cultivators; 3 Cub #193 Mouldboard Plows; 1 Cub #193 Slatted Plow; 1 1948 Cub-54 Snow Plow; 3 Cub-54 49-5 Snow Plows; Cub #6 Tool Bar w/Disc Blades & Middlebuster. 2-#105 sickle mowers, #152 disc plow

Postby Cubfriend » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I too was not fortunate enough to meet The Great George Willer. However, I do remember seeing his name on some tractors at the Cubarama a few years back. He was obviously loved by many for his friendship and vast knowledge, Especially in the Cub Circles. I'm sure I will benefit from his knowledge shared on the forum at some point. Probably already have. My deepest condolences to Georges Family and Friends. May George Rest In Peace. And may there be Cubs in Heaven. Sincerely, Frank
Frank

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I never got to meet George neither but did get to talk with him on the phone once, very nice man, you can tell that by reading what all hes friends has to say about him, I know he will be missed by many, may GOD bless hes many friends and family.
Mike

Return to “Family & Friends Memorial Forum”