This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

In-Tank Fuel Filter

All fuel related How To’s can be found here
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

In-Tank Fuel Filter

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:59 pm

I wanted/needed to install an in-tank fuel filter, since I know where this Cub may go. Crud in the fuel tank is a given and I wanted to minimize calls from my sisters -- "Bill, the tractor will not start/run." If I can keep the crud from exiting the tank, it will make my life easier. :) :)

With that, I went to the How-To by Gary Boutwell http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=45914 to review his procedure for making the modification. Lo and behold the pics were no longer in his post, so I was on my own. The following is my take on making this modification.

These are the essential tools and supplies needed to accomplish the job.

This is the same filter that Gary referenced and I got it (years ago) from the same source as Gary.

If I stack the filter on top of the neck on the sediment bowl, the effective capacity of the tank is reduced. Not wanting to reduce this capacity, I'm going to cut of the neck just above the threads.

The piece of the neck has been cut off.

The cut has been smoothed up and the top has been thoroughly flushed with carb cleaner.

The final product. I put JB Weld on the filter stem and carefully placed the filter in the sediment bowl fixture. In 24 hours I'll put it in the tank.

I'm confident this will reduce/eliminate problems with crud getting further into the fuel system.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Fuel”