This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello New to all Tractors

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Redwabbit
Zip Code: 29525

Re: Hello New to all Tractors

Postby Redwabbit » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:53 am

yeah the sign on the front will be coming off. when I was looking at it the radiator looked like the fan may have made contact with it somehow. the back of the radiator looks horrible and they may have attempted to repair. I'm thinking it would be best to replace the radiator.

the discs are mounted to the tractor. not sure what style it is, but I don't think its fast anything, lol. if I recall there was another smv sign on the back as well

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Redwabbit wrote:the discs are mounted to the tractor. not sure what style it is, but I don't think its fast anything, lol.

Hi,
It sounds like you might have the drawbar.

IH made an optional Fast Hitch for the rear of some of their tractors.
The Cub, and 140 are 2 of the models that it was available for.

Below is a page from a Cub operator's manual, showing a Fast Hitch.
The 140 fast hitch is made to fit a 140, but it's the same idea.
I don't see a manual on here with a pic of a Fast Hitch for the 140.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... e%2018.jpg

The implements are made only for use with a Fast Hitch, they have a point that sticks out, that enters the hitch socket.
You just back the tractor slowly into the implement, the pointed beam goes into the socket, and there is a latch that closes, and holds the beam in place.

Below are pics from TM Tractor of a Cub plow for the Fast Hitch. There were many implements made for Fast Hitches.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ow_001.htm

The fan might have fallen apart from no lube, and hit the radiator. Just a guess, I don't know.

Below is the Super A operator's manual, it has lots of info. The experts on here recommend people read it. I don't see a 140 operator's manual on here.
The Super A is much the same as a 140, but older.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mht » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forum. You can learn anything you need to about your tractor here. If the tractor had been in my shed for 4.5 years and no one had come to get it I would consider it mine. If someone ever showed up and tried to claim it I’d tell em as soon as they paid the storage fee they could have it. Five bucks a day times 4.5 years and i would be glad to help them load it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”