This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

sviennadan

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

sviennadan

Postby sviennadan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I'm "South Vienna Dan" since I live in South Vienna, Ohio. My wife Wendy and I have a 10 acre farm that we share with Minature Donkeys, Nubian goats, and Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs. We also have two Golden Retrievers, one Chihuahua, and 3 cats. Our 17 year-old son lives here with us; those of you who attended Cubfest 2005 may have met him. We also have three other children, grown and gone, with 8 grandkids in the stable.
I work the farm with my 1956 Cub, as I have 8 implements for it; I've also added a 1948 Allis Chalmers WD, that is in restoration as you read this. It is running, but I have to repair the hydraulics, to make it a useful tractor. After graduating college, I spent 10 years in the restaurant business, working in various steakhouses in the Dayton, Ohio area, then was fortunate enough to land a job selling in the industrial electronics world, and did that for 25 years, across the Midwest. Now, I'm on the verge of a new career, probably manufacturing drainage tile primarily used in the agriculture community. This Forum has been a Godsend, as I knew nothing about tractors when I moved to the farm 4 years ago. The good folk here have patiently answered questions, and lent advise and shared their knowledge freely. I have met some of the most genuine and friendly folk here and have had the privelage of meeting some of them in person at the last 2 Ohio Cubfests. Finer folks you will not find on this Earth. Thank you all for being here.
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 am

Hey Dan...I've often enjoyed reading your posts, but I ESPECIALLY LIKE your Marty Feldman dedicated Avatar and your EXCELLANT SIGNATURE at the bottom of all your posts :!: :wink: "A Man Who Enjoys Humor Has No Trouble Recognizing Intellegence" :shock:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow