This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need some Expertise

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
tclay
10+ Years
10+ Years

Need some Expertise

Postby tclay » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Hello I am new to this and have a tractor that has been in my pole barn, that the misses says it has to go, I bought it with the property and am not sure excaxtly what year our modle, can anyone give me some help here, so I might identify and sell? It has all the decals of a Farmall, with a Woods belly mower, and front blade.

thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:51 pm

tclay: If you can, post picture of the tractor. Also, if you will give your location a forum member who lives nearby may help you identify it and suggest a value range. Welcome to the forum. Dan

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Pics would definitely help. Can you find a serial number plate on it? Posting the model designation and serial number would help. Any of the decals have the word Cub, or A, B, C, H, or M? Or maybe a stainless steel emblem with a number (or Cub)? Let us know what you got!!
Trent McPeak

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:58 pm

If it is a cub here is a site that may help you.

http://www.atis.net/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html#q13

Welcome to the forum.

Image Image Image
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:19 pm

My guess is that its a 1961 Farmall 140. Here is an email I received from tclay:

"On the tractor on the right hand side are the numbers 357657R5 OR R6.

I found a book, but do not know if it is the book for this tractor? It has Serial number 14442J. Del. May 19th. 1962 written on the first page.

HELP thanks"

357657R5 I think is the part number for the C-123 block. The serial number above falls into the range for a 1961 140.

So - tclay - is it an offset tractor? With engine to the left and driver's seat to the right? The book you found ... what kind of tractor does the book say? Is there a plate on the left side of the tractor on the clutch housing (I think that's where they are on 140s) with a number matching the serial number on the book?

Does it look anything like this (picture nicked from David Bennett)?

Trent McPeak

Return to “Introduce Yourself”