This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Cub owner

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am

For those that haven't seen one here is what a Bolens Ridemaster looks like:

(This isn't my wife's... just one I found on the Internet. I'm currently at work, so I'll post a picture of my wife's this evening or tomorrow morning.)

It's unique to say the least. :)

Pete1941 wrote:Okay guys since no one else has mentioned it, is that white paint showing on the hood front and rear and also on the front axle, etc????????? Could be another demo, post serial number please.

Pete, I'm not sure if that's paint or just dirt and wear, and I've been working on the tractor. :)

I'm going to my grandpa's to work on the tractor again on Monday. I'll check the serial number then.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:09 am

Pete1941 wrote:Okay guys since no one else has mentioned it, is that white paint showing on the hood front and rear and also on the front axle, etc?????????
Looks to me like a layer of dust.

brianJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: k0e1k0

Postby brianJ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi aftermac
Welcome. That is one nice Cub. You will have a great time restoring it and using it.
Brian
Go Sens Go!!!
'48 Cub slowly being stripped of dignity...
'49 Cub
'49 Cub
'50 Demo Cub
'61 Cub
172 Runner Planter
193 Plow
23A Disks
22 Mower
144 Cultivators
54A Grader Blade
No. 5A Potato Digger
JD 'R' Spreader
JD 111 Lawn Tractors

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:46 pm

Welcome aboard aftermac.

Image Image Image

That Bolens Ridemaster is one nice looking machine. I think it would be neat to ride on one, at least once.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:58 am

brianJ wrote:Hi aftermac
Welcome. That is one nice Cub. You will have a great time restoring it and using it.
Brian

Thanks, Brian! I can't wait to actually hear it run!

JimT wrote:That Bolens Ridemaster is one nice looking machine. I think it would be neat to ride on one, at least once.

Thanks, Jim! It is quite a lot of fun to ride, if for no other reason than it is SO different.

Here are a couple pictures of my wife's Bolens from August of 2000.

The first is of her and her uncle putting a few finishing touches on the tractor before the Buckley Old Engine Show.

The second is of my wife driving through the Buckley Old Engine Show parade.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:05 am

That Bolens is a neat piece. It's good that your wife shares your interest in tractors. Or is it you sharing her interest?

I noticed that her uncle has the same lighting system in his garage as I have in my "Big Ol' Barn" (Bob). :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:40 am

Barnyard wrote:That Bolens is a neat piece. It's good that your wife shares your interest in tractors. Or is it you sharing her interest?

I noticed that her uncle has the same lighting system in his garage as I have in my "Big Ol' Barn" (Bob). :lol:

Ironically, it is mutual interest that we both inherited from our grandfathers. Unfortunately, my wife's grandfather passed when she was only 7. Working on the Bolens with her uncle was an extremely special time for her, but I know she wishes it could have been with her grandpa. He was one of the first ~30 members of the Buckley Engine club when it was created in the 1960's. My wife has attended every Buckley show since 1980 when she was 4 months old.

Some, of my best memories as a kid are riding with my grandpa on his tractors. His Ford tractor, "The Road Grader" has a standing platform with a steering wheel and front tires mounted in front of the tractor. Whenever he used this tractor, he let me sit on the Ford tractors seat and "steer" from the back. Kinda like a child's car seat with a toy steering wheel, only this was much cooler. :)

One of my favorite pictures from my childhood was sitting on my grandpa's lap while he was driving his John Deere 60, when I was about a year old. He also took me several times to the annual engine show in Mason, Michigan.

Attending the Buckley show with my wife the past 9 years has certainly reinvigorated my interest in tractors. This is something we hope to pass down to our kids (when we have them :) ) in the future.

Barnyard, those lights are extremely handy, I need to put one in my garage too. :)

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Aftermac, Thats a nice lookin Cub after ya give a bath post another pic I got an idea that under that grease is some well preserved original paint and I bet it looks good , nothin like that barn fresh look 8).........

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:12 pm

I love that Bolens. Never saw one before and now I WANT one. Maybe after a few brews I'd get befuddled on the operating technique but what a blast I could have with that. Gotta start savin my $$$ GRUMP
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Nice Cub and surely a great project.

Of course the others gave you good advise.... so I will just say hello.

Are you in Detroit? I grew up in that area.

Best wishes on the Cub...

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 pm

Jackman wrote:Aftermac, Thats a nice lookin Cub after ya give a bath post another pic I got an idea that under that grease is some well preserved original paint and I bet it looks good , nothin like that barn fresh look 8).........

Thanks! The hood is pretty rough, but drivetrain might have some original paint left. Unfortunately, it's not gonna see a bath for quite a while... it's too cold right now. :)

grumpy wrote:I love that Bolens. Never saw one before and now I WANT one. Maybe after a few brews I'd get befuddled on the operating technique but what a blast I could have with that. Gotta start savin my $$$ GRUMP

Good luck finding a Bolens! There's a few them around, but not too many.

Buzzard Wing wrote:Nice Cub and surely a great project.

Of course the others gave you good advise.... so I will just say hello.

Are you in Detroit? I grew up in that area.

Best wishes on the Cub...

Larry

Thanks! I'm here in south-eastern lower Michigan, about 20 minutes southwest of Detroit. I've lived within a 5 mile radius my whole life.

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm

Welcome aboard,,,,, I don't think you will have any rust problem,,,nice cub. :D :D :D
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Return to “Introduce Yourself”