This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brought Grandpa's 54 Cub home finally.

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1952 F Cub

Brought Grandpa's 54 Cub home finally.

Postby markwayne » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 pm

I inherited my grandfathers 54 cub that he market gardened with for 30 years I reckon. I have a 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter with the Type C Duplex hopper and the 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, non IH 4 foot mounted disc harrow and a belt pulley I bought for it years ago. It had sat for about 15 years in a shed on my dads place. I got it stated in about a hour after a new battery, purging the carb, cleaning the crud off the points and it roared to life, well more like purred. It ain't pretty but its all there and runs good, I'll fix the pretty part later. Here's a short video of me discing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jwM1ZmA4w

I am putting in about 2 acres of garden here on the home stead with it. Breaking ground that hadn't been broke since the late 60's is no fun. And I was so sore from discing it down.

I also have a 185 that is waiting for an engine rebuild.

Lon 79D16M6S

Mark
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Brought Grandpa's 54 Cub home finally.

Postby Jim Roy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:22 am

Welcome Mark. I bet you are very pleased that you have your grandfathers tractor. Enjoy and the soreness is a pleasure. :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:03 am

Welcome aboard :!: :!:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:14 am

Mark:

Congrats on getting the Cub :applause: It is especially nice when it is a family heirloom that continues it's journey in the family :!:

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

Looking at your location in the sig line.. you are either a cartographer, an amateur radio op or something similar. Clue us in ok :D Enquiring minds may be wanting to know.. :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1952 F Cub

Postby markwayne » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks Ya'll. ...about the Lat and Lon just a GPS user. You can also punch it into Google Maps.
Mark
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”