New 2 the Cub Club

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Compliments to everyone for what appears to be an outstanding site for Cub info sharing. I recently acquired a cub that has been in/out & now back in the family over the past 40 years. One reason for registering on this site is to resolve a throttle problem. The cub's governor doesn't seem to be working properly. It surges to high rpm & must be manually managed. Obviously this must be resolved before I can use it. Is there anything other than a governor overhaul that can be easily checked? Is a gov. time consuming & complicated to rebuild? If an overhaul seems apparent & I am limited on time, is there a source within the club who rebuilds them if someone properly removes & ships the unit?

Thanks for any insight or direction within the site as I begin to research here! :)

Re: New 2 the Cub Club

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Razorback, welcome to the best forum on the web!! Some of the cub gurus will be along shortly to offer professional advice to fix your problem. In the meantime, try searching this site for throttle related issues.

Again, welcome to FarmallCub.com

Roy

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 pm

welcome razorback to an awesome forum with great members :D list your location and someone may be close enough to stop by and lend you a hand.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Welcome to this great website and great folks :D :D :D :D

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Ron Luebke wrote:list your location...

I'm betting on Arkansas. :D

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Razorback:

RAZORBACK wrote:Compliments to everyone for what appears to be an outstanding site for Cub info sharing. I recently acquired a cub that has been in/out & now back in the family over the past 40 years. One reason for registering on this site is to resolve a throttle problem. The cub's governor doesn't seem to be working properly. It surges to high rpm & must be manually managed. Obviously this must be resolved before I can use it. Is there anything other than a governor overhaul that can be easily checked? Is a gov. time consuming & complicated to rebuild? If an overhaul seems apparent & I am limited on time, is there a source within the club who rebuilds them if someone properly removes & ships the unit?

Thanks for any insight or direction within the site as I begin to research here! :)

Sounds like you need to lubricate the linkages etc., give it a good cleaning with penetrating oil. NOT WD-40 :!:

Start at the clevis and move forward and across the linkage, using liberal doses of a good penetrating oil like Loctite Solvo-Rust or PB Blaster etc., on all moving parts including the spring. Work the linkages back and forth to ensure good penetration. A little patience included with liberal penetrant and a bit of elbow grease will get those linkages moving. Then once they are moving freely you will be able to diagnose any other causes for the surging.

Hope that helps.. Oh, please follow the links.. lots of useful info and such.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:52 am

Ron Luebke wrote:welcome razorback to an awesome forum with great members.

Welcome Razorback:
I can not say it better than Ron has. :)

Jim

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:00 am

Welcome Razorback to the Forum. Hope you enjoy it and your Cub as well. Pete

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm

:thumbsup:
Welcome you are going love it here :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Rick

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:26 am

Razorback, welcome to the forum. We have a number of members in your general part of the country. The last weekend in September we have a cub gathering (Cubarama) at Fredricktown, Mo. If you like cubs and IH, it is a good place to come. My wife is form Swifton, Ar, and got part of her education at Fayetteville, but I will not hold that against you. :D

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks folks for the welcome & advice from Rudi. I will indeed start with the penetrating oil on the linkage system. :P -tb

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Razorback, welcome to the forum :D

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:08 am

:D :D WELCOME :D :D

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:12 am

welcome to the forum, if you can't find answers here, it most likely can't be answered. :D

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Welcome, Razorback. I am glad to see another cub owner in Arkansas. Drop by for a visit if you get to southwest Arkansas. Dan