Hi Everyone , Newbie here

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm Mark Williams and I am complete greenhorn to Cubs and to farming.

I spent my youth in the North Georgia hills. Joined the navy after school and spent 6 glorious years in service. If I hadnt ruptured some discs in my back, I would still be there. Lucked out and found work in Hampton Virginia for several years after the Navy as a contractor for various companies maintaining all types of simulation gear for the Navy. A couple of years ago I had to have my third and hopefully final surgery on my back . The VA doc says he would do more harm than good trying to remove any more material, so now I'm having alignment problems and constant pain from scar tissue pressing on my nerves in my back. been out of work two years now and decided I had to do more to put food on our table. My Wife Deborah and I were blessed with the opportunity to buy 32 acres in the Mountains of Southwest Virginia. Our place is called "Top31" We fell in love with the top 31 acres of the property. We have a 14 month old steer named T-bone and a 10 year old dog named Squirt.

I wish I knew more about farming and hope to learn by reading posts here. Seems like a fun group.

Our new tractor is what lead me to this forum. It's a 1950 F-cub sn 107346.

Anyway ... Howdy!!!

Mark
IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hi Everyone , Newbie here

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Mark Welcome

Shortly you will receive many more welcomes from other board members, Glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more about your family , Top 31 and the steer named T BONE :big smile: We love pictures , so when you are able would love to see some. Glad you dropped in.

Jim :D

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Welcome Mark, to the home place for the addictive little red tractors. Lots of nice folks here and we are always ready to help, as most of us have had to have help before ourselves. Good luck with the farming, the Cub will do wonders for you in that area. Sorry to hear of the back surgery and problems, I have been there, done that, in the past, so I can sympatize with you.

I also have a 1950 Cub, along with a 52 and 53. Our serial numbers are very close to each other with mine being, 107663. Maybe they cast eyes upon each other as they were being built ! ! ! ! !

Anyway, enjoy the Cub and the Forum and glad to have you with us. Pete

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Here's some pics.
IMG_0587.JPG

This our view looking towards our neighbors place from our pasture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Looking South towards Marion Virginia. We're closer to Marion, but we have a Saltville Va address.
IMG_0593.JPG

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Me on the Cub. I love this thing. It's like a dream come true for me. Traded an old International backhoe for the cub and a New Holland skid loader.
IMG_0800.JPG

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Welcome to the form. There is a lot of nice people here and info.

Norm

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:05 pm

My love my Wife Deborah.
IMG_0798.JPG

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:14 pm

GREAT TO HAVE YOU ABOARD :thumbsup:

48 BARNEY :tractor: :wave:

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Welcome! I think you got the better end of that trade! ;)

Your Cub is also very close to my 1950, #106600. :)

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

Mark:

Hi and welcome to the very best place on the net.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

A special welcome to another navy type. I am a retired Cdn Navy Communicator.. they call me Spook.. and yeah, some of the best times in my life were in the Service. Really cool stuff. You will find a fair amount of us ex-navy types around, so you will probably feel doubly at home. There are a fair amount of veterans on board.

Looks like a nice cub and a real nice area you have the farm in. Hope you do well with it and enjoy what you do. Life is good :!:

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello to you Mark and your wife Deborah. Welcome, welcome welcome.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Mark - welcome aboard! Enjoy your Top31 and your cub! One hint from an old farm boy - never give your food a name. :D

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:24 pm

Welcome..Be careful, Cubs are addicting. Don't ask how I know. Ed

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi and welcome thus is a great site. I know the Hampton area pretty well my oldest sister has lived there for 20 years. Have fun with your cub. Anything you need to know about it you will find here.