just wanted to introduce myself

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:53 pm

I just wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is matt and I'm 16 and I live in sw pa. So far I only own i farmall cub but I hope that some day I will own more cubs and other farmalls. When I first started to look for a farmall the cub wasn't my first choice. In the end though I bought a 1956 cub off of ebay and it was well worth the 13 hr round trip to go and pick it up. Now I am glad that I bought my cub and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: just wanted to introduce myself

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Matt!

Welcome to the best darned forum on the whole WWW! I am originally from your neck of the woods in the Pittsburgh vicinity, but now call Wisconsin "home", so hence my forum name! (Wisconsincubman) Rest assured that I am still a "yinzer"!!! (If you are from western PA, you know what I mean...if not, you don't have a clue!)

May I suggest changing your profile from reading McDonald, PA to read "PA, McDonald" instead? It sure makes it easier for folks to look up other cubbers in their area if the state/city is in that order!

You are not all that far away from "all the action" with a BUNCH of cubfests and gatherings near you in Ohio and points west or north. Keep an eye out for fests close to you... you will have a BLAST!

Nice lookin tractor!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Hey Mattie,
You're a true Cubber. You drove 13 hours round trip to buy your first tractor. You've been on here a while how old were you when you bought your Cub? Kind of reminds me of my brother who bought his first car (Truimph Spitfire) at 13. Good luck with that 56. See ya out here.
CW

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:25 pm

56cub wrote:...I hope that some day I will own more cubs and other farmalls...

Me too, Matt :D

Welcome to the forum. You'll find all your answers to Cub ownership right here.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Barnyard wrote:
56cub wrote:...I hope that some day I will own more cubs and other farmalls...

Me too, Matt :D

Geez, Barnyard! You already have 22 of them...leave a few for the new kid!!!! :lol:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:46 pm

welcome aboard Matt!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Welcome Matt. You'll get a lot of Great info on this forum.
I like the seat it must have been a tall person that owned it before you.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Matt,

Welcome aboard from the deep South Cubbers.
One Cub at 16 is a good start.

I didn't get my first one till 58l

You will have a great time working, playing, repairing, and restoring the Cub.

This forum is a great wealth of info. Any questions or problems, this is the place for great info (discounting mine of course.)

We will help in any way we can. :{_}:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 pm

welcome matt, hope your family enjoy tractor as much as you do! if you keep collecting the car might have to set out of the garage! Russ

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Welcome.... looks like you got a nice mower with it too. (http://farmallcub.info/galleries/oemi_W ... _Mower.asp)

If it makes you feel any better, my first Cub was 1000 miles away (half owner and I didn't buy it, just drove the 2000 miles and painted it)

Enjoy it!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Welcome, Matt. We have several members in your age range and you will probably hearing from them soon. Dan

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:27 pm

Welcome Matt,
I'm kind of new on here myself but I'm sure you will learn and enjoy this forum as I have if you just jump in and chat whatever is on your mind. I have had several questions about the '48 cub I am restoring right now and have found that the wealth of knowledge and the nice folks on this forum are unbeatable.

Steve

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Welcome, Matt, to a great forum with fantastic folks and more info than you can possibly imagine. :D :D

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 pm

Hey matt, welcome aboard, you'll really like it here. They are really friendly and a whole lot of knowledge. I'm in pa near lake erie. Jon

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Welcome Matt. Enjoy your Cub.

Bill