This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

E Bay Name DMB 2613

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

E Bay Name DMB 2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Mods, please put this where yall think it needs to go .
I posted my E Bay user name in my profile. I did this to let forum members now who I am when selling on E Bay. This lets people know a bit more about the guy on the other ends selling parts. I do think you need to check out the feedback before you buy on e bay , there are deals to be had there. But unfortunately all e ebay sellers are not created equal. If a seller has below a 95% rating I would not bid on there items. That means they have had problems on at lest 1 out of every 20 transactions If they have 99 to 100% you will not have a problem with them I can assure you.
Dont worry about who you are bidding against as ebay has hidden the identity of the bidders till the bidding is over.
Request Insurance on all perchaces over $25.00. Most sellers take it out on high dollar items, but may not refund your money if you did not ask for insurance if it gets lost or damaged.
Ask all questions before you bid on an Item. Dont think because the seller did not say the part was not welded or repaired , it is a good part. Some sellers sell junk but just dont say it is junk.
And please watch out for the ones that want a money order and dont want to take pay pal. If you pay with pay pal and there is a problem you will stand a good chance to get your money back
I hope this may help someone from getting burned on e bay and does not offend anyone

David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: E Bay Name DMB 2613

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:45 pm

David:

Excellent :!: :applause:... and other forum members will be able to find you or at least know that it is you on :eBay: :{_}: I could remember the dmb, but not the 2613 :? :roll: :lol:

Took me a minute to figure out where this goes.. here will do nicely I think :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:17 pm

David,
I agree with most of what you say, except to watch out for the ones that want money orders and won't take Pay pal". I was both a buyer and a seller, had a 100% rating, and only accepted, and paid with, US Postal Money Orders. I do not and will not use Pay Pal (in my opinion it is not as safe as you might think) or any other paperless means that I have to pay additional fees to use (yes you have to pay for money orders). I left eBay when the mandatory use of Pay Pal or the other one they listed started. I suppose it is just another way for them to get additional money from you. Did you know when you request your account be closed, they will not do so for at least 180 days, at least that is what I was told.........and good luck trying to keep an eye on it after you request it be closed.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 am

I have mixed feelings about the paypal as well. It greatly limits your buyers. Most "older" buyers don't want to fool with paypal so they have quit. I know my dad has. I had to get a paypal account because I am a seller, but I really wasn't happy about it. I thought it would ruin ebay. I guess it has hurt them some. I'm always sure to put in my listings that I accept all forms of payment as required by ebay, but prefer the good old fashioned payment with a stamp. According to ebay's policy if they find money order accepted in your listing, they can cancel your listing.

The only one this new policy has helped is Craigslist. :D

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:14 am

Don't forget that Ebay owns Paypal, so when you use it they get paid twice for the same purchase.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Yep 2.9% to transfer your own money to your account. I personally think ebay's seller fee's are a little outragous. Listing fee's aren't bad but then they hit you with those final value fee, which is a % of what you sold brought. :oops:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Ah, so those are your front rims and tires (Super C)......I saw those and I am tempted. 8)

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:15 pm

Brandon, do you ever list thru Auctiva? it transfers to Ebay after you post it... and I understand about the paper money but it is so hard to trust people now since there are a lot of people "making" fake checks or money orders. Craigslist is good if you have time to meet with someone to deliver the goods. I usually buy from there but do not sell so much there. :thanx: for the good advice
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:19 am

I was reading somewhere that :eBay: owns a good part of craig'slist just like they own Kijiji... it is becoming a bit of a monopoly.. I am just getting into selling.. going to be antiques, some non-cub manuals and a lot of art ... so I gots lots to learn over the next little while.

Brandon, can you have your paypal balances automatically deposited without the transaction fee? The only thing that makes it palatable at all is that 2.9% is lower than the minimums your local bank branch charges for administration/transaction fees per unit. Either way, the only ones who make any money in the financial areans is the finance people.. everybody else just pays the fees....:big give up:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”