This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nice to meet everyone!

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
orchardinc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16137

Nice to meet everyone!

Postby orchardinc » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

Hi, My name is Mike and Im from Mercer, Pennsylvania...I bought a small farm last year (fixer up'er) and Im looking to become quite the farm hand. I hunt, fish, and Im in to gardening, old trucks, and cars. I bought an old IH 154 Cub Lo Boy the other day for grass cutting and some light work and I stumbled across this site...Looks like you guys know your tractors! Im going to post some pics soon...Im planning on giving it a once over and bringing her back to her original beauty...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Nice to meet everyone!

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:05 am

Welcome aboard - this is a great place to hang out :D
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Jump in the water is fine

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum!!

Great forum here with lots of knowledgable folks willing to share and help, you've come to the right place for all things Cub!!
Make yourself at home and have fun with the tractor.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride. You will find lots of knowledgeable people here to help you with the 154.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Welcome to a great forum with fantastic people and more information than you can imagine. Enjoy. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 am

Welcome, Mike. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:16 am

Mike welcome to a great site for information and help.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Mike:

Welcome and congrats :applause: on acquiring your first Cub. Bet you can't stop at just 1 Cub.. :lol: Sure hope you enjoy fixing up your small farm. You will probably find that many of us share your interests and hobbies, and you are going to fit right in.

orchardinc wrote:I bought a small farm last year (fixer up'er) and Im looking to become quite the farm hand. I hunt, fish, and Im in to gardening, old trucks, and cars.

Do take the time to read what follows. Yes, it is a bit on the lengthy side.. but it is very hard to be able to give anyone a reasonable introduction to the resources available here on farmallcub.com. We hope that these will be helpful to you.

Enjoy :big smile:

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

The Welcome Wagon is a relatively brief introduction to the information that is currently available on Cub tractors, and answers many of the common questions new members ask right of the bat. Although it is a bit overwhelming :shock: , it has been designed to actually be copied to a Word Processor such as Microsoft Word (which preserves the active links), and saved to your desktop for easy reference at a later date or when you have a bit more time to read all the information contained in the links below. Please do so, enjoy and I hope this will be a useful aid in learning more about your New Cub Tractor :!: :D

Filling out your Image Profile is a real help. It just needs to be - State,City, County, a lot less than what is available in your local phone book. Knowing where you are will help in members offering to come help, when you are looking for parts - the area that would be useful to you etc., Also our CubFests, Mini-Fests or a simple KaffeeKlatsch/get together over coffee and a doughnut etc., to help each other benefits. Just a thought :!:

When adding signature lines to your profile, the use of animated or non-animated banners and large graphics files must be avoided. These files consume large amounts of bandwidth and cause slow page loading, especially for those forum members using dialup connections.

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub. One of the other projects we have been working on and it will be a continuing effort is the The Cub Book of Knowledge. This the the place to go to get all the quick links to some very good articles written by many members of the forum on solving some of the problems we encounter as we repair, maintain and up-grade our Cubs. Keep looking for this to grow.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. I am always looking for YOUR favourite dealers for New and Used Parts to include here. These pages are intended to complement our Official FarmallCub.com Website Sponsors:I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, it is better if you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Just a personal thought here, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, really are not sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

IF you really want to get the skinny on all things Cub, might I suggest you get a copy of Ken Updike's Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet's :?: . While you are at it Original Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet is Ken's latest addition to the series. Along with Guy Fay's Letter Series Originality Guide, these are three must have's in anyone's collection.

In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

Oh, and while the program still lasts.. you might want to check the Announcement: Navistar Free Gas Cap Offer - On-Line Form thread at the top of the Cub Forum and send away for the new style safety cap before that program runs out as well. The program has been extended and no new definite end-date has been announced at this point. It is an extension only and may end rather quickly depending on available stocks. Please do take advantage of this offer and get the new safety caps :idea: :!:

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”