55 cub retires to my house!

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Everyone,
After bugging a childhood friend for fifteen years, he relented and sold me his 55 cub along with cultivators, brush cutter, double plow, rear platform, grading/plow blade...oh and a belt driven saw rig.
The tractor runs well, so I may not have to open up the engine or drivetrain but everything else needs some TLC. I'm looking forward to your patience with my newbie questions....

I"ll fix everything mechanical then get it re-painted. I do have occaisonal work for the old cub, but its mostly retired with the kubota keeping the farm running for the next fifty.
Thanks to everyone for the wealth of info I have already gleaned from this site,

David Rand

Re: 55 cub retires to my house!

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum David!!
Jump right in, the waters fine! How about some photos of your newly found toys?

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 pm

welcome. your gonna enjoy it here :D

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:22 pm

David:

Congrats :applause: on managing to wile away the cub from your chum... :lol: I am sure you will enjoy the cub but do remember they can get very addictive especially ifn you have more than one implement :roll: :wink: :D

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful stuff.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 pm

[quote="Rudi"]David:

Congrats :applause: on managing to wile away the cub from your chum... :lol: I am sure you will enjoy the cub but do remember they can get very addictive especially ifn you have more than one implement :roll: :wink: :D

Addicting? Rudy, where do you get the idea that they are addicting?? Ed

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Welcome Dave, to a great forum with fantastic people and more info than you can possibly imagine. :D :D

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Ron Luebke wrote:welcome. your gonna enjoy it here :D

Amen to that one :-:-): :-:-): Welcome

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Welcome to the forum David!

Best of luck with you new Cub!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:44 pm

David,

Welcome! Enjoy the ride.

Bill

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Ed:

Oh I don't know.... :big give up: Maybe it is from the sore neck I have craning to see if a spot of red in a field is what I think it is :idea: :roll: :D :D , or maybe from the parts shelves in my pole barn, or the 3.5 cubs I have and a cub cadet and other implements and toys... :{_}: or maybe it is just that nervous tick I get when the word Cub is spoken :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum David.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 am

welcome

Im sure it wont be long and you will want another cub. they are VERY addicting