And another enters the fray from central PA...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Howdy from State College. My wife and I just acquired a 1948 Cub for our acreage and tillage; also a plow, disc, C3 mower, flail mower, and blade. I'm working on figuring out if I can make the pulley and gearbox (PTO reverser and right hand pulley?) set that came with the C-3 mower for it work, even though said pulleys are the ones designed for the 140, I think. Any suggestions?

That said, I spent the day mowing with the flail mower (which worked like a charm after I greased just about everything!), so it's not too urgent.

-Sam.

Re: And another enters the fray from central PA...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi Sam, welcome to the best place on the internet for Cub fun and advice. I can't help you with your pulley problem but somebody will surely get you the answer you need. You may want to pose your question on the main forum where more will be likely to see it.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Sam:

G'day to you and congrats :applause: to your and your bride on acquiring your very 1st new to you Cub :big smile: You can be sure that you are going to love that tractor .. be careful though, these things are addictive. As Bill said, can't help you with the pulley but .... I would suggest that you follow the links below. Lots of resources including manuals, how to's and other useful information. Would recommend that you read the Owner's Manual - in this case the McCormick Farmall Cub Operator's Manual 5-1-49. Don't have a '48 on the server yet. And as
Bill mentioned, pose the pulley question on the main Farmall Cub forum ..

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:09 pm

If its reversing direction is your problem just put a twist in the belt such that you enter on the opposite side of the driven pulley.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 am

Hello Sam, Welcome to the forum.