Hello from Bahamas!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Found this board as part of my research into a motor recently purchased for my sailboat here. It's a Palmer International Marine Engine. Engine model # IH60, Serial# 4086162, 22hp, Trans model RDAS, Serial # 4j3860. I had heard, possibly, that Palmers were actually IH motors converted to marine. Thus my search is beginning to find out more on the engine, places for parts, tech problems/solutions, advice, etc.....

Re: Hello from Bahamas!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Welcome to the group.

Yes, what you have heard is correct. Palmer did marine conversions of several IH engines. The IH60 is a conversion of the engine from the Farmall Cub. The mechanical internals are identical or nearly so. As I recall, the crankshaft may be different to drive the Palmer gear box. The gear boxes, cooling system, manifolds and probably some other things I'm not thinking of are specific to the conversion.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks Jim....got a feeling i'm going to get a good education on this engine. Especially the marine version....:). Am sure i'll be coming to the forum for advice as I move forward with the install. Currently the boat is docked after being abandoned 2 years ago by prior owner. Now it's my turn to work on it...

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Two happiest days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it, and the day he sells it.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:00 am

Manuals are located at the top of this page.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:13 pm

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand :)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 pm

In the Search function on the top right type in Palmer Marine. You will get several pages of posts.
Rudi had accumulated several brochures, manuals, etc. Not sure if they are still available for view with his server being down.

Peter